'Remote' answering and dialing

Old February 18th 14, 04:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
PeterL

Default 'Remote' answering and dialing

I'm with 3 and have now found the best spot in the house for the
strongest signal for telephone and mobile broadband reception.

Unfortunately, I need to be a giraffe to reach it, which means it's
fantastic for hotspot tethering but useless for anything else. Can
anyone please recommend a gadget I can use to answer and make calls?

I've also cross-posted this to u.t.broadband in case someone also knows
of another useful gadget that I can use to hook my VoIP service up to
the 3 mobile broadband service. I don't really use the VoIP phone that
often, and the speed varies from 1-6Mbps download and 0.5-3Mbps upload

Thanks

Old February 18th 14, 05:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
JoRob64[_2_]

"PeterL" wrote in message
I'm with 3 and have now found the best spot in the house for the strongest
signal for telephone and mobile broadband reception.

Unfortunately, I need to be a giraffe to reach it, which means it's
fantastic for hotspot tethering but useless for anything else. Can anyone
please recommend a gadget I can use to answer and make calls?

I've also cross-posted this to u.t.broadband in case someone also knows of
another useful gadget that I can use to hook my VoIP service up to the 3
mobile broadband service. I don't really use the VoIP phone that often,
and the speed varies from 1-6Mbps download and 0.5-3Mbps upload

Is this what you are looking for? It's the Three Home Signal device
presumably comparable to Vodafone's Sure Signal and EE's Signal Box.
However, a broadband connection is required.

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-...bj%285440 %29

Old February 18th 14, 05:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 17:07:41 -0000, "JoRob64"
wrote:

"PeterL" wrote in message
I'm with 3 and have now found the best spot in the house for the strongest
signal for telephone and mobile broadband reception.

Unfortunately, I need to be a giraffe to reach it, which means it's
fantastic for hotspot tethering but useless for anything else. Can anyone
please recommend a gadget I can use to answer and make calls?

I've also cross-posted this to u.t.broadband in case someone also knows of
another useful gadget that I can use to hook my VoIP service up to the 3
mobile broadband service. I don't really use the VoIP phone that often,
and the speed varies from 1-6Mbps download and 0.5-3Mbps upload

Is this what you are looking for? It's the Three Home Signal device
presumably comparable to Vodafone's Sure Signal and EE's Signal Box.
However, a broadband connection is required.

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-...bj%285440 %29

No, I think all he wants to do is use the phone remotely.
Receiving calls is simple enough, just use any Blue tooth headset or
hands-free kit, but I haven't seen one that has a keypad for making
calls, although I would guess it is included in the Blutooth
specification.

I suppose some hands-free and handset combinations would support
totally hands free voice recognition dialling. I had a Parrot car kit
that was capable of that.
That's all I can suggest I'm afraid.
Old February 18th 14, 07:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

PeterL wrote:
I'm with 3 and have now found the best spot in the house for the
strongest signal for telephone and mobile broadband reception.

Unfortunately, I need to be a giraffe to reach it, which means it's
fantastic for hotspot tethering but useless for anything else. Can
anyone please recommend a gadget I can use to answer and make calls?

I've also cross-posted this to u.t.broadband in case someone also knows
of another useful gadget that I can use to hook my VoIP service up to
the 3 mobile broadband service. I don't really use the VoIP phone that
often, and the speed varies from 1-6Mbps download and 0.5-3Mbps upload

Thanks

What about a landline?

--
Graham J

Old February 18th 14, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

PeterL explained on 18/02/2014 :
I'm with 3 and have now found the best spot in the house for the strongest
signal for telephone and mobile broadband reception.

Unfortunately, I need to be a giraffe to reach it, which means it's fantastic
for hotspot tethering but useless for anything else. Can anyone please
recommend a gadget I can use to answer and make calls?

I've also cross-posted this to u.t.broadband in case someone also knows of
another useful gadget that I can use to hook my VoIP service up to the 3
mobile broadband service. I don't really use the VoIP phone that often, and
the speed varies from 1-6Mbps download and 0.5-3Mbps upload

Thanks

You could discard the pitiful mobile phone and put the SIM in an FTC
and then use a POTS phone.

http://www.nimans.net/2n-easygate-an...-501313gb.html

Old February 18th 14, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
PeterL

No, I think all he wants to do is use the phone remotely.
Receiving calls is simple enough, just use any Blue tooth headset or
hands-free kit, but I haven't seen one that has a keypad for making
calls, although I would guess it is included in the Blutooth
specification.

I suppose some hands-free and handset combinations would support
totally hands free voice recognition dialling. I had a Parrot car kit
that was capable of that.
That's all I can suggest I'm afraid.

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction. It looks like this gadget
could be a cheap fix for a desktop option:

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/clip-and-...-v3-p15581.htm
Old February 19th 14, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
tony sayer

In article , Jono
scribeth thus
PeterL explained on 18/02/2014 :
I'm with 3 and have now found the best spot in the house for the strongest
signal for telephone and mobile broadband reception.

Unfortunately, I need to be a giraffe to reach it, which means it's fantastic
for hotspot tethering but useless for anything else. Can anyone please
recommend a gadget I can use to answer and make calls?

I've also cross-posted this to u.t.broadband in case someone also knows of
another useful gadget that I can use to hook my VoIP service up to the 3
mobile broadband service. I don't really use the VoIP phone that often, and
the speed varies from 1-6Mbps download and 0.5-3Mbps upload

Thanks

You could discard the pitiful mobile phone and put the SIM in an FTC
and then use a POTS phone.

http://www.nimans.net/2n-easygate-an...-501313gb.html

Good idea but I don't think many of, indeed any of them, work on the 3
network

Give Solwise in Hull a call they do some of that stuff. You might get an
adapter that you can screw an outside aerial onto and then you can run a
LAN off that for DATA and could use a VoIP service to make and receive
calls on..

--
Tony Sayer

Old February 21st 14, 01:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Stottle

On 18/02/2014 19:35, Graham J wrote:
PeterL wrote:
I'm with 3 and have now found the best spot in the house for the
strongest signal for telephone and mobile broadband reception.

Unfortunately, I need to be a giraffe to reach it, which means it's
fantastic for hotspot tethering but useless for anything else. Can
anyone please recommend a gadget I can use to answer and make calls?

What about a landline?

What about a step ladder ;-)

Old March 9th 14, 10:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Bloomfield

Graham. used his keyboard to write :
wrote:

"PeterL" wrote in message
[...]

A Parrot would do it, but dialling of numbers is a bit cumbersome
unless they are pre-set.

My cars bluetooth ICE comes up with a a touch dialling screen, send and
end, so yes, remote dialling via bluetooth is possible.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
Old March 10th 14, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

wrote:

"PeterL" wrote in message
[...]

Since sending that I have remembered that my Skoda touchscreen has a
dialpad. Not that I would try to use it when driving, any more than I
would dial on the handset.