HMRC email delays

Old March 3rd 14, 11:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

Default HMRC email delays

Graham J [email protected] wrote:

So has anybody else seen such delays in mail from HMRC?

The sequence of Received: headers in each email will show when they moved
from machine to machine between HMRC and you. Where was the delay incurred?

to replacing "aaa" by "284".
Old March 3rd 14, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 03/03/14 11:44, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts wrote:
Graham J [email protected] wrote:

So has anybody else seen such delays in mail from HMRC?

The sequence of Received: headers in each email will show when they moved
from machine to machine between HMRC and you. Where was the delay incurred?

dunno. but I have had in excess of 40 emails from 'HMRC' inviting me to
sign in and collect refunds if I give my bank and sort code details...;-=)

Odd, because they already have that information..;-)

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Old March 3rd 14, 12:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Jeremy Nicoll - news posts wrote:
Graham J [email protected] wrote:

So has anybody else seen such delays in mail from HMRC?

The sequence of Received: headers in each email will show when they moved
from machine to machine between HMRC and you. Where was the delay incurred?

Munged header follows:

Subject:
=?utf-8?B?U3VjY2Vzc2Z1bCBSZWNlaXB0IG9mIE9ubGluZSBTdWJtaX NzaW9uIGZvciBSZWZlcmVuY2UgNTMxL0w0Mzg=?=
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 10:23:14 -0000

--------------------

It seems to me that HMRC didn't send the message until 3 Mar 2014 10:42:22

Unless I'm misunderstanding the header ...

--
Graham J

Old March 3rd 14, 12:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

Graham J [email protected] wrote:

It seems to me that HMRC didn't send the message until 3 Mar 2014 10:42:22

Agreed, perhaps a re-send because of your phone-call?

to replacing "aaa" by "284".
Old March 3rd 14, 12:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Jeremy Nicoll - news posts wrote:
Graham J [email protected] wrote:

It seems to me that HMRC didn't send the message until 3 Mar 2014 10:42:22

Agreed, perhaps a re-send because of your phone-call?

Given that I rang the helpline at about 10 am on Friday - though it took
about 30 minues waiting for music on hold befor I actually talked to a
real person - I'm not impressed ....

--
Graham J

Old March 3rd 14, 02:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David P

On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 12:04:10 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

dunno. but I have had in excess of 40 emails from 'HMRC' inviting me to
sign in and collect refunds if I give my bank and sort code
details...;-=)

Ahh, I think the refunds are meant for me.

If you'll just let me have your details I'll log in and check that you
haven't got mine by mistake.

--
David P
Old March 3rd 14, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Able

"Graham J" [email protected] wrote in message

Given that I rang the helpline at about 10 am on Friday - though it took
about 30 minues waiting for music on hold befor I actually talked to a
real person - I'm not impressed ....

--
Graham J

Nor surprised, I guess ;-{{

PA

Old March 3rd 14, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Peter Able wrote:
"Graham J" [email protected] wrote in message

Given that I rang the helpline at about 10 am on Friday - though it took
about 30 minues waiting for music on hold befor I actually talked to a
real person - I'm not impressed ....

--
Graham J

Nor surprised, I guess ;-{{

No - just distressed at the inconvenience of dealing with any arm of
government. One would have thought that it was in their interests fo
allow us to get on with earning our living, rather than listening to
musinc on hold ...

--
Graham J

Old March 4th 14, 10:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 20:24:12 +0000, Graham J [email protected] wrote:

Peter Able wrote:
"Graham J" [email protected] wrote in message

Given that I rang the helpline at about 10 am on Friday - though it took
about 30 minues waiting for music on hold befor I actually talked to a
real person - I'm not impressed ....

--
Graham J

Nor surprised, I guess ;-{{

No - just distressed at the inconvenience of dealing with any arm of
government. One would have thought that it was in their interests fo
allow us to get on with earning our living, rather than listening to
musinc on hold ...

They want to spend as little money as possible, just like businesses.
Hence "your call is [not] important to us" messages.

IIRC HMRC have been subject to cutbacks too.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?