One way to increase speed. :-)

Old April 1st 14, 09:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default One way to increase speed. :-)

http://www.trefor.net/2009/04/01/rus...e-to-be-moved/

Regards
David

Old April 1st 14, 10:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Henderson

In article , David wrote:
http://www.trefor.net/2009/04/01/rus...e-to-be-moved/

Intersting date on that article...

Gordon
Old April 1st 14, 11:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 01/04/14 10:24, Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article , David wrote:
http://www.trefor.net/2009/04/01/rus...e-to-be-moved/

Intersting date on that article...

Gordon

Indeed.

Money has always been able to get you what you want.

When I bought this house at a very attractive price, it had an 11KV
cable running across the garden utterly precluding any change to the
house structure.

A quick call to the electricity company revealed they were perfectly
happy to underground it - if I was totally prepared to pay for it. Or
most of it.

The total bill was around 30k. Of which I paid around 20k.

Of course that allowed me to build a house on the plot worth ten times
as much as the one I had in fact bought..

People are not prepared to pay for the cost of delivering high speed
internet - its really that simple.

I could get symmetric 100Mbps here easily if I was prepared to pay
around 20k installations and 10k annually.

I could even sell it on to my neighbour who would expect to pay no more
than a tenner a month for it.

Which explains why I haven't done it...

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Old April 1st 14, 02:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike Tomlinson

In article , David writes

http://www.trefor.net/2009/04/01/rus...xchange-to-be-
moved/

Um, suggest you check the date :-)

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Old April 1st 14, 03:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

On Tue, 1 Apr 2014 09:24:28 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
wrote:

In article , David wrote:
http://www.trefor.net/2009/04/01/rus...e-to-be-moved/

Intersting date on that article...

Interesting name too. :-)

Rod.
Old April 1st 14, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

On Tue, 01 Apr 2014 11:53:39 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

People are not prepared to pay for the cost of delivering high speed
internet - its really that simple.

To my mind it isn't worth paying for anyway !

)

--
:: Jim,

NHS Health Database Sale Opt-out form: