Virgin - IPhone - Loss of WiFi

Old April 25th 14, 11:22 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.misc
Harry Jones

Default Virgin - IPhone - Loss of WiFi

Unusual problem today:

I have an Iphone 5S and wanted to upgrade to latest OS. I plugged Iphone via
USB in to my laptop which is connected via WiFi to my Virgin Super Hub.

As soon as I plugged in Iphone - I noticed that web connection had dropped out:
no WiFi signal.

The problem is quite repeatable: tested on two different laptops and different
browsers (one laptop on W7 prof and the other on XP prof) When I have two
laptops on the WiFi network: the network connection is only lost on the one in
to which I have plugged the Iphone - the other laptop continues with Internet
access - so the router is still working OK.

If I unplug Iphone - then the network connection from the PC gets
re-established.

I plugged one laptop directly in to router - and Iphone into laptop: Iphone
updated OS fine.

Any ideas?