Problem getting PAC code

Old April 25th 14, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
P Jameson

Default Problem getting PAC code

Asda Mobile who use the Vodafone network are cancelling their service soon.
I'm having trouble getting through to Vodafone to get my PAC code. Someone
in Vodafone told me that the waiting time on the PAC line is now over an
hour.

Is there any way to *guarantee* getting my PAC code from them since they say
they are closing the service on wednesday and they just don't seem to be
answering.

Old April 25th 14, 07:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

On Fri, 25 Apr 2014 18:48:07 +0100, "P Jameson"
wrote:

Asda Mobile who use the Vodafone network are cancelling their service soon.
I'm having trouble getting through to Vodafone to get my PAC code. Someone
in Vodafone told me that the waiting time on the PAC line is now over an
hour.

Is there any way to *guarantee* getting my PAC code from them since they say
they are closing the service on wednesday and they just don't seem to be
answering.

Don't ring Vodafone. If you've got an Asda mobile number, ring Asda.

https://mobile.asda.com/pages/help#/...ons/80849/5703

You've left it rather late, but the instructions are still there on
the Asda Mobile website, so presumably it's still possible. When I did
mine there was an option to order the PAC via text, but I don't see
that now so you'll probably have to do it by phone.

If you haven't already done so, you'll need to get one of their new
SIM cards, either by ordering one from the website or from one of
their shops. You'll need to activate the new SIM before you can
transfer the old number to it - just put it in any phone and make a
call. Any credit you add to the new SIM under its new number will be
kept, even after the old number is transferred to it, and added to the
bonus credit they give you for staying with their service.

For what it's worth, I've found the new service to be much better.
Previously I couldn't get a signal in my living room, and now I can.

Rod.
Old April 25th 14, 09:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NY

"Roderick Stewart" wrote in message
For what it's worth, I've found the new service to be much better.
Previously I couldn't get a signal in my living room, and now I can.

It's swings and roundabouts. There are winners and losers. Around our house,
Vodafone is the only provider for which there is any signal at all, and that
is very variable: sometimes even Vodafone disappears. Consequently my wife
had to end her contract with Asda when they changed from Vodafone, and take
out a new contract with Vodafone.

If only all providers would spend money getting everyone up to a minimum
standard (good phone calls, slow internet that at least can be used to
browse web pages) rather than upgrading urban areas which already have good
3G so they now have 4G, while leaving rural and small-town areas with very
patchy phone and virtually no mobile internet.

And this is in a fairly flat part of the country (Vale of York and out to
Malton, along a trunk road), not miles away from anywhere and down a narrow
steep-side valley.

Old April 26th 14, 04:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

"NY" wrote in message
[...]

Does not compute, fairly flat and narrow steep-sided valley. It's either
one or the other and if you live in the later then you have the reason for
your bad reception.

Old April 26th 14, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David P

On Sat, 26 Apr 2014 16:27:26 +0100, Kraftee wrote:

"NY" wrote in message

And this is in a fairly flat part of the country (Vale of York and out
to Malton, along a trunk road), not miles away from anywhere and down a
narrow steep-side valley.

Does not compute, fairly flat and narrow steep-sided valley. It's
either one or the other and if you live in the later then you have the
reason for your bad reception.

I think you missed the word *not* when you read it and which applied to
both the miles and the valley g If you wanted to be pedantic it could
have read "not miles away from anywhere nor down a narrow steep-side
valley"

--
David P
Old April 26th 14, 05:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NY

"Kraftee" wrote in message

And this is in a fairly flat part of the country (Vale of York and out to
Malton, along a trunk road), not miles away from anywhere and down a
narrow steep-side valley.

Does not compute, fairly flat and narrow steep-sided valley. It's either
one or the other and if you live in the later then you have the reason for
your bad reception.

I think you misunderstood what I said - that where I live is reasonably flat
(gentle hills only) and is *not* steep-sided valleys. I also mentioned that
I live fairly close to a main A road (and coverage along those is usually
good) and is not miles away from anywhere in a place that is so remote that
it wouldn't be worth mobile phone companies erecting masts.

Old May 1st 14, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

NY (for it is he) wrote:

not miles away from anywhere in a place that is so remote that it wouldn't
be worth mobile phone companies erecting masts.

Evidently you are, because if there were enough potential customers where
you are, mobile operators would be adding capacity.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
22:58:21 up 120 days, 37 min, 9 users, load average: 0.30, 0.45, 0.44