Wi-Fi on North Surrey Buses

Old May 12th 14, 11:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear

Default Wi-Fi on North Surrey Buses

Abellio, who operate most North Surrey buses, has recently introduced free
Wi-Fi on

routes 441, 451, 461, 557.so you can download as you go

My 458 (Staines-Walton-Kingston) on Thursday had a demister fault and since
the spare had Wi-Fi I could verify it was usable with my Kindle.

http://www.abellio.co.uk/free-onboard-wifi.html

provided by
http://mobileonboard.com/beam-bus-wi-fi/

--
Mike D

Old May 13th 14, 11:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
R. Mark Clayton

Stagecoach has this on the newest hybrid buses in Manchester and intends to
retrofit the rest.

It is pretty fast, so I think the link to the bus must be 4G.

Old May 13th 14, 11:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
Chris

Dundee Stagecoach has it as well, but it's usually pretty poor. Maybe
because everyone's using it, so I prefer to use my 3G connection.