BT email

Old May 30th 14, 01:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare

Default BT email

I got email from BT when I used their dial up service, and was able to
keep it for free when I joined Pipex nearly 10 years ago.

Not long ago BT told me that if I did not agree to pay them for the
service they would cut me off at some time in April.

I did not agree to pay but so far it still works. I wonder for how much
longer.

--
Michael Chare
Old May 30th 14, 09:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Fri, 30 May 2014 01:33:51 +0100, Michael Chare
[email protected] wrote:

I got email from BT when I used their dial up service, and was able to
keep it for free when I joined Pipex nearly 10 years ago.

Not long ago BT told me that if I did not agree to pay them for the
service they would cut me off at some time in April.

I did not agree to pay but so far it still works. I wonder for how much
longer.

Obviously you have to prepare for it to be cut off at any time.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Old May 30th 14, 05:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare

[email protected] wrote:

I got email from BT when I used their dial up service, and was able to
keep it for free when I joined Pipex nearly 10 years ago.

Not long ago BT told me that if I did not agree to pay them for the
service they would cut me off at some time in April.

I did not agree to pay but so far it still works. I wonder for how much
longer.

Obviously you have to prepare for it to be cut off at any time.

I have but so far my efforts have not been needed.

--
Michael Chare
Old May 31st 14, 12:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

[email protected] wrote:

I got email from BT when I used their dial up service, and was able to
keep it for free when I joined Pipex nearly 10 years ago.

Not long ago BT told me that if I did not agree to pay them for the
service they would cut me off at some time in April.

I did not agree to pay but so far it still works. I wonder for how much
longer.

Obviously you have to prepare for it to be cut off at any time.

I have but so far my efforts have not been needed.

I have been preparing for the demise of my two Freeserve / Wanadoo /
Orange accounts for about 15 years!

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old May 31st 14, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

On Sat, 31 May 2014 00:01:08 +0100, Graham. wrote:

I got email from BT when I used their dial up service, and was able to
keep it for free when I joined Pipex nearly 10 years ago.

Not long ago BT told me that if I did not agree to pay them for the
service they would cut me off at some time in April.

I did not agree to pay but so far it still works. I wonder for how much
longer.

Obviously you have to prepare for it to be cut off at any time.

I have but so far my efforts have not been needed.

I have been preparing for the demise of my two Freeserve / Wanadoo /
Orange accounts for about 15 years!

Likewise a couple of free dial-up accounts with Plusnet that I can
still use for emergency access if broadband fails. It wouldn't
surprise me if most if not all ISPs have a few spurious accounts like
this, which are probably left alone on the grounds that they're doing
no harm, and to attempt to scan their entire system to purge them
would probably create problems rather than solve any.

Rod.
Old May 31st 14, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Sat, 31 May 2014 10:52:20 +0100
Roderick Stewart wrote:

[...]

I wonder if my old at&t account in the US is still active, if the
'phone line is still there. I still get e-mail messages forwarded from
it, and the account has been officially closed since November 2010.

--
Davey.
Old May 31st 14, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

wrote:

[...]

They were email accounts linked to dial up Freeserve accounts. Orange
no longer offer dial up, but the email accounts still work and
pop.freeserve.co.uk is still valid.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old June 2nd 14, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

[email protected] wrote:

I got email from BT when I used their dial up service, and was able to
keep it for free when I joined Pipex nearly 10 years ago.

Not long ago BT told me that if I did not agree to pay them for the
service they would cut me off at some time in April.

I did not agree to pay but so far it still works. I wonder for how much
longer.

Obviously you have to prepare for it to be cut off at any time.

I have but so far my efforts have not been needed.

IMHO the only way to prepare for such an occurance is to tell everyone
who sends you emails there another email address and to cease using
it.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?