OT. Broadband use by technicians in Venues/Arenas.

Old June 30th 14, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
David

Default OT. Broadband use by technicians in Venues/Arenas.

The Church I attend hires out the venue and has 2 wi-fi connections I can
see on my laptop, one secure for staff the other public for use of such as
me when in the Starbucks coffee shop or in the building.

I was in the building when it was being used for a concert and the public
one had become secure and carrying the name of the production.

Recently at Leeds Arena I noticed the public connection, a second secure
with promoters name and another secure carrying the AV companies name.

I would be interested to know what these people are doing with the wi-fi at
venues and arenas?

Regards
David

Old June 30th 14, 07:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian Gaff[_2_]

Keeping everyone up to speed I'd imagine, with any issues etc.

Maybe the security staff all have cameras attached as seems to be becoming
the norm for the Police recently.
In a closed environment they might be able to stream them, whereas at least
for now, the cops are only on when the person decides to put them on.

I also wonder if it might sometimes be used for audio, but I'd doubt it due
to the delays.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old July 1st 14, 02:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.

On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 19:02:16 +0100, "David" wrote:

The Church I attend hires out the venue and has 2 wi-fi connections I can
see on my laptop, one secure for staff the other public for use of such as
me when in the Starbucks coffee shop or in the building.

I was in the building when it was being used for a concert and the public
one had become secure and carrying the name of the production.

Recently at Leeds Arena I noticed the public connection, a second secure
with promoters name and another secure carrying the AV companies name.

I would be interested to know what these people are doing with the wi-fi at
venues and arenas?

Regards
David

Perhaps the Prima Donna celebs have Internet availability written into
their contracts?

They wouldn't want the public sapping it with their Nokias without
diamond encrusted cases.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old July 5th 14, 03:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
DrTeeth

Loads of contract riders here http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstage
--
Cheers,

DrT

** You've never known happiness until you're married;
** but by then it is too late.
Old July 6th 14, 09:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
198kHz

On 30/06/2014 19:02, David wrote:
The Church I attend hires out the venue and has 2 wi-fi connections I
can see on my laptop, one secure for staff the other public for use of
such as me when in the Starbucks coffee shop or in the building.

I was in the building when it was being used for a concert and the
public one had become secure and carrying the name of the production.

Recently at Leeds Arena I noticed the public connection, a second secure
with promoters name and another secure carrying the AV companies name.

I would be interested to know what these people are doing with the wi-fi
at venues and arenas?

Regards
David

At a recent gig I noticed a wireless router with an ethernet cable
connected to the mixing desk.

Turned out they were using a tablet to control the desk remotely.

--
198kHz
Old July 18th 14, 12:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
zaax

198kHz wrote:
On 30/06/2014 19:02, David wrote:
The Church I attend hires out the venue and has 2 wi-fi connections I
can see on my laptop, one secure for staff the other public for use of
such as me when in the Starbucks coffee shop or in the building.

I was in the building when it was being used for a concert and the
public one had become secure and carrying the name of the production.

Recently at Leeds Arena I noticed the public connection, a second secure
with promoters name and another secure carrying the AV companies name.

I would be interested to know what these people are doing with the wi-fi
at venues and arenas?

Regards
David

At a recent gig I noticed a wireless router with an ethernet cable
connected to the mixing desk.

Turned out they were using a tablet to control the desk remotely.

Maybe its locked down so someone can't broadcast it live

---