Virgin Media webmail infected?

Old July 28th 14, 08:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Optimist

Default Virgin Media webmail infected?

Is the Virgin Media site infected? When I try to access my email account on the web, I am blocked
and the following message appears, with the AVG logo on it:

!Dangerous

This page on the domain mail.ntlworld.com contains active threats and is not recommended for
browsing. The access to this website has been blocked for your protection. Learn more.

Return to the previous page and choose another link (recommended) Go Back

Old July 28th 14, 08:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"Optimist" wrote in message
Is the Virgin Media site infected? When I try to access
my email account on the web, I am blocked
and the following message appears, with the AVG logo on
it:

!Dangerous

This page on the domain mail.ntlworld.com contains active
threats and is not recommended for
browsing. The access to this website has been blocked for
your protection. Learn more.

Return to the previous page and choose another link
(recommended) Go Back

Virgin mail is actually handled by Google, so try
mail.virginmedia.com
or
mail.googlemail.com
although the latter may not work.

It is a false positive as AVG thinks that the server is a
source of spam and/or malware. It will self clear in time
but use the other address in the meanwhile.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old July 28th 14, 09:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Optimist

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 08:59:32 +0100, "Woody" wrote:

"Optimist" wrote in message
.. .
Is the Virgin Media site infected? When I try to access
my email account on the web, I am blocked
and the following message appears, with the AVG logo on
it:

!Dangerous

This page on the domain mail.ntlworld.com contains active
threats and is not recommended for
browsing. The access to this website has been blocked for
your protection. Learn more.

Return to the previous page and choose another link
(recommended) Go Back

Virgin mail is actually handled by Google, so try
mail.virginmedia.com

Server error

or
mail.googlemail.com

Oops! Page not found

although the latter may not work.

It is a false positive as AVG thinks that the server is a
source of spam and/or malware. It will self clear in time
but use the other address in the meanwhile.

I can access my gmail account normally.