Sky Hub connection dropping

Old August 12th 14, 01:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derek F

Default Sky Hub connection dropping

My Sky broadband connection kept dropping on Saturday. I followed their
on screen routine checking connections and let their system try to
connect from their end. The connection kept dropping into Sunday when I
pressed the rest button on the box.
That got the connection back until this morning when it again
intermittently dropped. I called Sky and got the usual request to plug
into the test socket for 24 hours before they will go to stage 2
whatever that may be. Not being as agile as I once was due to knee and
hip problems I wanted to avoid that and go to stage 2 but had to do it.
They seemed to make no effort to check for any exchange problems. When I
had a similar problem many years ago with BT they eventually found a
faulty PC board at the exchange.
What happens next if:
a the connection keeps dropping ?
b things work as normal?
I'll leave it in the test socket for for a few days to see if the
connection eventually drops again.
I've read on line of people leaving it connected to the test socket
permanently .
Derek
Old August 13th 14, 09:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Derek F used his keyboard to write :
[...]

A) you'll be forced to repeat everything over and over and over again*
B) Keep your fingers crossed.

*I reported a no dialtone fault last Wednesday to Sky.
Thursday, I ring up for an update....no fault logged. Finsish the call
with a booking for an engineer to attend on Saturday 8am-1pm.

Saturday, 1:20pm I ring Sky to ask why no engineer...no fault logged
with Openreach. Receive reassurance though that one is definitely
booked for Monday afternoon.

Monday 5pm, I ring Sky to check the appointment's still intact...low
and behold, no appointment is booked.

Anyway, long story short, BT have now actually just arrived & fixed the
fault - one of the pairs was "flapping" in the cab.

Old August 13th 14, 09:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J[_2_]

[snip]

*I reported a no dialtone fault last Wednesday to Sky.
Thursday, I ring up for an update....no fault logged. Finsish the call
with a booking for an engineer to attend on Saturday 8am-1pm.

Saturday, 1:20pm I ring Sky to ask why no engineer...no fault logged
with Openreach. Receive reassurance though that one is definitely booked
for Monday afternoon.

Monday 5pm, I ring Sky to check the appointment's still intact...low and
behold, no appointment is booked.

Anyway, long story short, BT have now actually just arrived & fixed the
fault - one of the pairs was "flapping" in the cab.

The relationship between the ISP and Openreach is a nightmare! Having
said that I did - just the once - get some compensation from Zen
Internet when an Openreach engineer failed to turn up as booked. 45
plus VAT, according to my notes ...

I thnk the ISP industry should get together and pressurise Openreach
into accepting liability for the non-arrival of their engineers.

--
Graham J

Old August 13th 14, 09:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derek F

On 13/08/2014 09:15, Jono wrote:
[...]

Seems that SKY are worse than the NHS for appointments. Are you being
charged for the visit?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/bil...harge-you.html
Derek