Ping G3ZVT

Old August 23rd 14, 11:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

Default Ping G3ZVT

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 21:52:04 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, Graham. disturbed my reverie and wrote:

What do you think?

Should be OTA next Saturday, weather permitting.
--
Cheers,

DrT

** You've never known happiness until you're married;
** but by then it is too late.
Old August 25th 14, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 23:24:12 +0100, DrTeeth
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 21:52:04 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, Graham. disturbed my reverie and wrote:

What do you think?

Should be OTA next Saturday, weather permitting.

That should concentrate my mind.

I'm going to have to cobble together an ATU, an L match probebly.
The coil won't present much of a problem, but the VC? 25 years ago
they were common but I'm wondering where to find one now.

Still, improvisation is what I am known for.

73s

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old August 26th 14, 10:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 23:23:18 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, Graham. disturbed my reverie and wrote:

That should concentrate my mind.

I'll keep an eye out for when you are QRV.

Old September 21st 14, 06:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 23:23:18 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, Graham. disturbed my reverie and wrote:

That should concentrate my mind.

How's it going? 15m open to stateside and they were all beaming to
Europe. I was getting 59+ from my 30 yd end fed.

What a learning curve from when I was last OTA.

Old September 24th 14, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

On Sun, 21 Sep 2014 18:06:05 +0100, DrTeeth
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 23:23:18 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, Graham. disturbed my reverie and wrote:

That should concentrate my mind.

How's it going? 15m open to stateside and they were all beaming to
Europe. I was getting 59+ from my 30 yd end fed.

What a learning curve from when I was last OTA.

Hi Guy, been very busy with work.

It's these new fangled transistors, you need a good match or you run
QRP whether you like it or not. Valves were not so fussy.

HNY&WOTF

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old September 27th 14, 12:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

On Wed, 24 Sep 2014 23:23:47 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, Graham. disturbed my reverie and wrote:

HNY&WOTF

And all the best 2 u 2.

Hi Guy, been very busy with work.

It's these new fangled transistors, you need a good match or you run
QRP whether you like it or not. Valves were not so fussy.

I can wait, hi hi. Having fun with all the latest and not so latest
digital modes. SSB is not on whilst the XYL is watching TV at the
other end of the lounge.

One of my PCs (the main one) is FUBARed by RF in the shack so I run
off a laptop with an external monitor. The lappy is immune. Using a
FlexRadio 6300.

hp to c u OTA sn. 73.