Possibly Migrate To Fibre

Old September 21st 14, 03:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Prideaux[_2_]

Default Possibly Migrate To Fibre

Hi All,

I'm considering moving to PlusNet 76Mb FTTC.

Currently I've got adsl2+, but it's a bit odd i.e.
When I moved into the property, I bought Tiscali. At the time they
didn't have their own equipment in the exchange, they just resold BT.
Tiscali got bought by TalkTalk. Despite the TalkTalk sales people, I've
always refused to move the TalkTalk's own exchange equipment.

The availability checkers say that I should get 65Mb down, 17Mb up.

I'm thinking about moving to PlusNet.
Do I need a MAC code?
How long will I be offline?
I'll move the phone number as well, how long will the phone be disconnected?
Does anyone who is currently using PlusNet notice their traffic management?

Any other experiences/comments?

Thanks.

Old September 21st 14, 04:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 21/09/2014 15:10, Ian Prideaux wrote:
Hi All,

I'm considering moving to PlusNet 76Mb FTTC.

Currently I've got adsl2+, but it's a bit odd i.e.
When I moved into the property, I bought Tiscali. At the time they
didn't have their own equipment in the exchange, they just resold BT.
Tiscali got bought by TalkTalk. Despite the TalkTalk sales people, I've
always refused to move the TalkTalk's own exchange equipment.

The availability checkers say that I should get65Mb down,17Mb up.

I'm thinking about moving to PlusNet.
Do I need a MAC code?
How long will I be offline?
I'll move the phone number as well, how long will the phone be disconnected?
Does anyone who is currently using PlusNet notice their traffic management?

Any other experiences/comments?

Thanks.

All the packages, tariffs and current deals are at:
http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/
Probably best to ask your questions direct to Plusnet. You can do this
online at:
http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/ or ring them direct on 0800
432 0200.
With regard to the traffic management, I've not noticed any problems.
(I can't get fibre but I'm on their Unlimited Anytime tariff).

George
Old September 22nd 14, 11:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 21/09/2014 15:10, Ian Prideaux wrote:
Hi All,

I'm considering moving to PlusNet 76Mb FTTC.

Currently I've got adsl2+, but it's a bit odd i.e.
When I moved into the property, I bought Tiscali. At the time they
didn't have their own equipment in the exchange, they just resold BT.
Tiscali got bought by TalkTalk. Despite the TalkTalk sales people, I've
always refused to move the TalkTalk's own exchange equipment.

That suggests both your voice and data are still provisioned on BT
Wholesale's network.

The availability checkers say that I should get 65Mb down, 17Mb up.

I'm thinking about moving to PlusNet.
Do I need a MAC code?

Yes.

How long will I be offline?

For a small duration of time on the day the engineer arrives to install
the service. Nothing I suspect would inconvenience you too significantly.

I'll move the phone number as well, how long will the phone be disconnected?

Assuming you are provisioned on BT Wholesale's network, then for a
negligible period of time (if at all).

Does anyone who is currently using PlusNet notice their traffic management?

Nope, not in a bad way.

Any other experiences/comments?

I'll leave that to others.

Old September 25th 14, 02:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

On 22/09/2014 11:19, Plusnet Support Team wrote:
[...]

I concur.

Any other experiences/comments?

I'll leave that to others.

I'm not on fibre, but couldn't be happier with plusnet.

Old September 29th 14, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Preston

Ian Prideaux formulated on Sunday :
Hi All,

I'm considering moving to PlusNet 76Mb FTTC.

Currently I've got adsl2+, but it's a bit odd i.e.
When I moved into the property, I bought Tiscali. At the time they
didn't have their own equipment in the exchange, they just resold BT.
Tiscali got bought by TalkTalk. Despite the TalkTalk sales people, I've
always refused to move the TalkTalk's own exchange equipment.

The availability checkers say that I should get 65Mb down, 17Mb up.

I'm thinking about moving to PlusNet.
Do I need a MAC code?
How long will I be offline?
I'll move the phone number as well, how long will the phone be disconnected?
Does anyone who is currently using PlusNet notice their traffic management?

Any other experiences/comments?

Thanks.

I don't know about the other stuff but the whole idea of a MAC is to
avoid lengthy downtimes in service. WITH a MAC, your downtime should be
negligible, ie, less than an hour. WITHOUT a MAC, your service has to
be ceased then reprovided and could take two weeks or more.

---

Old October 3rd 14, 05:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Prideaux[_2_]

Thanks to all who replied.

I've placed my order, the engineer's booked for Monday 13th.