BT no longer display usage statistics for unlimited

Old September 30th 14, 12:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AnthonyL

Default BT no longer display usage statistics for unlimited

Coming to the end of the month I like to see how much I've used but
apparently:

"BT have indeed made the decision to remove the usage monitor for all
our unlimited broadband customers. BT have made this decision because
we believe this is not something that the majority of our unlimited
broadband customers need or in fact use. We are sorry that this will
come as a disappointment to some of our customers."

So I can't see if I'm using an amount that would make it worthwhile
changing service/provider and neither can I see if anything untoward
is going on with my connection.

So why really have they done this and is there an avenue of complaint
(Offcom?)

--
AnthonyL
Old September 30th 14, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 30/09/14 12:39, AnthonyL wrote:
Coming to the end of the month I like to see how much I've used but
apparently:

"BT have indeed made the decision to remove the usage monitor for all
our unlimited broadband customers. BT have made this decision because
we believe this is not something that the majority of our unlimited
broadband customers need or in fact use. We are sorry that this will
come as a disappointment to some of our customers."

So I can't see if I'm using an amount that would make it worthwhile
changing service/provider and neither can I see if anything untoward
is going on with my connection.

So why really have they done this and is there an avenue of complaint
(Offcom?)

its not as if it costs them anything...

so their reasons do not stack up.

Get a router that you can monitor traffic on and sod BT retail.

rare story of which you happen to have first-hand knowledge. - Erwin Knoll
Old September 30th 14, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ted

On 30/09/2014 12:39, AnthonyL wrote:

So I can't see if I'm using an amount that would make it worthwhile
changing service/provider

Now that may well be (part of) the reason. If you see you usage is
always quite low you might just be tempted to switch to a cheaper
limited package.

Old September 30th 14, 05:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

http://www.softpedia.com/progFinder?...,0,0&k=networx
--
Peter.