Any VDSL hub recommendations?

Old October 16th 14, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB

Default Any VDSL hub recommendations?

I am going crazy trying to get a Windows 8 desktop work with my BT
Infinity 2 Home Hub 5.

Everything OK until I put the Windows 8 computer on but it will work OK
one day then the next day the hub will keep resetting.

Turn the PC off and my other devices then work OK.

I am more suspicious of the Home Hub 5 than the PC so wondering about
getting a different one so I have something to compare with.

Even if the PC is faulty then why should the hub crash?

Any suggestions?

Old October 17th 14, 08:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Thu, 16 Oct 2014 17:43:35 +0100, MB wrote:

I am going crazy trying to get a Windows 8 desktop work with my BT
Infinity 2 Home Hub 5.

Everything OK until I put the Windows 8 computer on but it will work OK
one day then the next day the hub will keep resetting.

Turn the PC off and my other devices then work OK.

How are you connecting each device to the network (wireless, wired)?
How many devices do you have connected at a time?
Do you have the latest firmware installed on the HH5?
What do BT have to say about the problem?

I am more suspicious of the Home Hub 5 than the PC so wondering about
getting a different one so I have something to compare with.

Even if the PC is faulty then why should the hub crash?

Any suggestions?

I'd suggest trying a different modem/router. There are quite a few
similar reports to yours so maybe it is an inherent problem with the
HH5.

Old October 17th 14, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB

On 17/10/2014 08:52, Mark wrote:
I'd suggest trying a different modem/router. There are quite a few
similar reports to yours so maybe it is an inherent problem with the
HH5.

That is why I am considering just buying a spare one so I have something
to compare with. It is the only part of the chain I cannot eliminate.

Old October 18th 14, 02:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Fri, 17 Oct 2014 20:17:31 +0100, Phil W Lee
wrote:

MB considered Thu, 16 Oct 2014 17:43:35 +0100 the
perfect time to write:

I am going crazy trying to get a Windows 8 desktop work with my BT
Infinity 2 Home Hub 5.

Everything OK until I put the Windows 8 computer on but it will work OK
one day then the next day the hub will keep resetting.

Turn the PC off and my other devices then work OK.

I am more suspicious of the Home Hub 5 than the PC so wondering about
getting a different one so I have something to compare with.

Even if the PC is faulty then why should the hub crash?

Any suggestions?

Billion BiPAC 8800NL
Handles all flavours of xDSL or can even repurpose an ethernet port as
WAN, to route through another modem.
Well supported by monitoring software, so you can keep track of line
stats, speeds and error rates.

I've just bought one of these. What monitoring software do you
recommend?

And a good range of firewalling and parental control options.
It's vectoring ready, and does profiles up to 17a.

Old October 20th 14, 02:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian Mc

Phil W Lee wrote:
: Any suggestions?
:
: Billion BiPAC 8800NL
: Handles all flavours of xDSL or can even repurpose an ethernet port as
: WAN, to route through another modem.

Seems to be 2.4GHz only as I read the specs. If so I personally would
want dual-band!