Any good phone broadband deals?

Old November 2nd 14, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derek F

Default Any good phone broadband deals?

I got free line renal when I switched from o2 to Sky taking Any time
calls and broadband last December.
Looking at USwitch I can't see any brilliant offers at the moment but
often when phoning companies they make offers I can't refuse.
Anyone had a good deal lately?? A lot of offers are linked to Sport/TV
that I don't want.
Derek
Old November 2nd 14, 08:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

On 02/11/2014 19:27, Derek F wrote:
I got free line renal when I switched from o2 to Sky taking Any time
calls and broadband last December.
Looking at USwitch I can't see any brilliant offers at the moment but
often when phoning companies they make offers I can't refuse.
Anyone had a good deal lately?? A lot of offers are linked to Sport/TV
that I don't want.
Derek

Well people from Be seem to go to Plusnet for their fibre broadband.
It seems when former Be customers ring the Sky cancellations to cancel
they get offers to encourage a further 12 month with Sky and many stay.
Regards
David
Old November 3rd 14, 03:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derek F

On 02/11/2014 20:44, David wrote:
On 02/11/2014 19:27, Derek F wrote:
I got free line renal when I switched from o2 to Sky taking Any time
calls and broadband last December.
Looking at USwitch I can't see any brilliant offers at the moment but
often when phoning companies they make offers I can't refuse.
Anyone had a good deal lately?? A lot of offers are linked to Sport/TV
that I don't want.
Derek

Well people from Be seem to go to Plusnet for their fibre broadband.
It seems when former Be customers ring the Sky cancellations to cancel
they get offers to encourage a further 12 month with Sky and many stay.
Regards
David

I don't really need fibre and prefer inclusive calls rather than evening
and weekends.
I've been spoilt as o2 had given me a free years broadband to keep me
prior to the take over and then the free year line rental from Sky.
Like many others I have not been impressed by the Sky service and they
were less than helpful when I had several days of service interruptions.
Derek

Old November 3rd 14, 03:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

On 03/11/2014 15:19, Derek F wrote:
[...]

Well Plusnet do non-fibre broadband and I would think anytime calls as well.
Regards
David
Old November 3rd 14, 05:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

On 03/11/2014 15:47, David wrote:
[...]

Yup, they do. I use it and have done for several years now. you can also
get inclusive international calls.

Old November 4th 14, 12:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

[...]

Yes they do - and I'm on their Anytime tariff.
Much cheaper than BT's similar offering.

George
Old November 4th 14, 12:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derek F

[...]

Tesco look the best at the moment with 15.40 a month line rental and
broadband and any time calls for 7.00 a month for the firs year.
Derek
Old November 4th 14, 01:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

On 04/11/2014 12:34, Derek F wrote:
[...]

Probably best to check the "small print", such as:
http://www.tescobroadband.com/help-a...cles/view/2122

Old November 4th 14, 03:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

On 04/11/2014 13:20, George Weston wrote:
[...]

Don't most ISPs do this? Certainly at the cheaper/mass market end. See
Plusnet's info:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadban...nagement.shtml

Old November 4th 14, 04:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derek F

On 04/11/2014 12:06, George Weston wrote:
[...]

With their Anytime package 0845/0870 calls seem not to be included
Derek