Can't port number out from Sky??

Old November 4th 14, 02:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
CD

Default Can't port number out from Sky??

I did post a thread earlier about problems porting my number from Sky to
EE, this has now happened with Plusnet too, it keeps saying phone order
rejected.

I've just spent a good 30 minutes on the phone to Sky who have basically
said I can't port out my number as it's been ported too many times
previously. It's not Sky preventing the port but it appears to be BT
Openreach's systems rejecting it.

The number was Diamond Cable/NTL until 2004 when it was ported to BT.
Line rental was paid to BT until a year ago with various BB providers -
F2sSkyO2Sky again, the line rental went to Sky last year.

So in 10 years the line has gone NTLBTSky & this is too many times??

I'd like to contact Openreach to sort this, but it seems difficult to do,
their site just says contact your provider.

Anyone know who I could contact at Openreach to sort this?

Thanks
Old November 4th 14, 03:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Peter Andrews[_2_]

On 04/11/2014 14:01, CD wrote:
[...]

You cannot contact Openreach they only deal with operators. You need to
get either your current provider or you new chosen supplier (Plusnet?)
to sort out the problem. In theory Plusnet since they, presumably, want
your business. On the other hand given your history of moving
frequently they may think it's not worth the bother :-)

Peter
Old November 4th 14, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Harry Broomhall

On Tue, 4 Nov 2014 14:01:49 +0000, CD wrote:

I did post a thread earlier about problems porting my number from Sky to
EE, this has now happened with Plusnet too, it keeps saying phone order
rejected.

I've just spent a good 30 minutes on the phone to Sky who have basically
said I can't port out my number as it's been ported too many times
previously. It's not Sky preventing the port but it appears to be BT
Openreach's systems rejecting it.

The number was Diamond Cable/NTL until 2004 when it was ported to BT.
Line rental was paid to BT until a year ago with various BB providers -
F2sSkyO2Sky again, the line rental went to Sky last year.

So in 10 years the line has gone NTLBTSky & this is too many times??

I'd like to contact Openreach to sort this, but it seems difficult to do,
their site just says contact your provider.

Anyone know who I could contact at Openreach to sort this?

First of all - Openreach will not talk to you. You are supposed to
talk to your current provider.

Porting is a mess, but the one most important point is "Who is the
range holder?", i.e. who did Ofcom allocate the number block to?
In this case I'd guess it was Diamond, so the current range holder
will be Virgin Media. But this needs to be checked.

When you do a "subsequent port" in effect what happens is that the
line is returned to the range holder, then ported to the new gaining
provider. This is so the routing of calls works without having a
string of redirects.

If you want to go to EE then I don't see how Openreach is involved -
BT will be routing calls to the range holder, and will continue to do
so. It is up to Virgin to do the change, and they route the calls.

As I work in the telephone industry I may have a contact to get some
advice if you want to drop me an email. I'll need the first 7 digits
of the telephone number to check with Ofcom who is the current range
holder - or you could look it up on the Ofcom site.

Regards,
Harry.
Old November 4th 14, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Adrian Caspersz

On 04/11/14 14:01, CD wrote:
I did post a thread earlier about problems porting my number from Sky to
EE, this has now happened with Plusnet too, it keeps saying phone order
rejected.

I've just spent a good 30 minutes on the phone to Sky who have basically
said I can't port out my number as it's been ported too many times
previously. It's not Sky preventing the port but it appears to be BT
Openreach's systems rejecting it.

The number was Diamond Cable/NTL until 2004 when it was ported to BT.
Line rental was paid to BT until a year ago with various BB providers -
F2sSkyO2Sky again, the line rental went to Sky last year.

So in 10 years the line has gone NTLBTSky & this is too many times??

I'd like to contact Openreach to sort this, but it seems difficult to do,
their site just says contact your provider.

Anyone know who I could contact at Openreach to sort this?

Nope, but ...

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/phone/...s/adr-schemes/

--
Adrian C
Old November 4th 14, 10:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Woody

"Harry Broomhall" wrote in message
[...]

PoI: where does one find these block allocations on the
OfCom web site? I can't find them, or maybe I'm asking the
wrong question?

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old November 4th 14, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
CD

On Tue, 4 Nov 2014 22:07:33 -0000, Woody wrote:

PoI: where does one find these block allocations on the
OfCom web site? I can't find them, or maybe I'm asking the
wrong question?

Not an OFCOM checker as such, but this works fine

http://www.nta.co.uk/business_voip/u..._range_holder/

or

http://bit.ly/1ohVFYd
Old November 4th 14, 10:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Peter Andrews[_2_]

PoI: where does one find these block allocations on the
OfCom web site? I can't find them, or maybe I'm asking the
wrong question?

He

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/numbering/index.htm

Peter
Old November 5th 14, 11:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
R. Mark Clayton

"Woody" wrote in message
"Harry Broomhall" wrote in message
On Tue, 4 Nov 2014 14:01:49 +0000, CD wrote:

SNIP

PoI: where does one find these block allocations on the OfCom web site? I
can't find them, or maybe I'm asking the wrong question?

Go to magsys.co.uk and enter your number in codelookup - that will tell you
who the block belongs to.