Belkin G Router connections to a Stanrd BT Broadband Connection

Old November 10th 14, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham[_2_]

Default Belkin G Router connections to a Stanrd BT Broadband Connection

Hi,

Unfortunately my old Belkin router eventually died after a good service and
I can't find the piece of paper that I wrote the okd settings on, and to
make things worse the old router won't even power up so I can't get the
details of that.

The settings I need are as follows:

Connection type: (PPPoe, PPPoA, Dynamic IP, Static IP, Modem Only)

Service Name: (Field Blank)
VPI/VCI: (Default 0/38)
Encapsulation: (LLC or VC/MUX)
MTU: (Default 1432)
Dial on Demand: (Check Box Default Unchecked)
Idle Time: (Default 0 Minutes)
Use Static IP Address: (Check Box Default Unchecked)

Help

Graham

Old November 10th 14, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

On 10/11/14 18:27, Graham wrote:
Hi,

Unfortunately my old Belkin router eventually died after a good service
and I can't find the piece of paper that I wrote the okd settings on,
and to make things worse the old router won't even power up so I can't
get the details of that.

The settings I need are as follows:

Connection type: (PPPoe, PPPoA, Dynamic IP, Static IP, Modem Only)

check with your ISP. they should have all this stuff on a check list but
usually PPPoA works.

Service Name: (Field Blank)

Whatever you want.

VPI/VCI: (Default 0/38)

That works for most of BT DSLAMS.

VC/MUX I THINK.

MTU: (Default 1432)

OK
Dial on Demand: (Check Box Default Unchecked)

that should be OK
Idle Time: (Default 0 Minutes)

That says 'stay on always'
Use Static IP Address: (Check Box Default Unchecked)

Unchecked for most ISPs.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/router.htm

is a basic guide

Help

Graham

rare story of which you happen to have first-hand knowledge. - Erwin Knoll
Old November 10th 14, 06:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"Graham" wrote in message
Hi,

Unfortunately my old Belkin router eventually died after a
good service and I can't find the piece of paper that I
wrote the okd settings on, and to make things worse the
old router won't even power up so I can't get the details
of that.

The settings I need are as follows:

Connection type: (PPPoe, PPPoA, Dynamic IP, Static IP,
Modem Only)

Service Name: (Field Blank)
VPI/VCI: (Default 0/38)
Encapsulation: (LLC or VC/MUX)
MTU: (Default 1432)
Dial on Demand: (Check Box Default Unchecked)
Idle Time: (Default 0 Minutes)
Use Static IP Address: (Check Box Default Unchecked)

Help

Graham

Presuming this is an ADSL router the defaults should work
with a connection type of PPPoA. Use the reset button if you
need to restore the defaults. You will however need to know
the router login and password which are none of the
usernames/passwords that you use - it is unique to the
router. Your ISP helpdesk should be able to provide it.

I would assume you are going to use a newer router with
faster wi-fi?

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com