New Plusnet offer

Old November 12th 14, 02:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default New Plusnet offer

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6...dium=twit ter

No wonder people go for ADSL over fiber at these prices

First looks like 8 for first year and second offer minus 40

Plus line of course, think there must be something I'm missing.

Regards
David
Old November 12th 14, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 14:16:15 +0000, David wrote:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6...dium=twit ter

No wonder people go for ADSL over fiber at these prices

I use Fibre. But then my phone line is several miles of wet string.

First looks like 8 for first year and second offer minus 40

Plus line of course, think there must be something I'm missing.

I think it's called a loss-leader. I am not convinced it's a good
idea though. It relies on loads of people switching and then staying
with PN. However the kind of people who switch due to this kind of
offer are likely to leave again for the next cheapest offer.

Old November 12th 14, 04:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

On 12/11/2014 16:00, Mark wrote:
On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 14:16:15 +0000, David wrote:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6...dium=twit ter

No wonder people go for ADSL over fiber at these prices

I use Fibre. But then my phone line is several miles of wet string.

First looks like 8 for first year and second offer minus 40

Plus line of course, think there must be something I'm missing.

I think it's called a loss-leader. I am not convinced it's a good
idea though. It relies on loads of people switching and then staying
with PN. However the kind of people who switch due to this kind of
offer are likely to leave again for the next cheapest offer.

Plus it potentially floods their network infrastructure as well as
support teams.

If all goes smoothly that's fine, but somewhat sticks in the throat for
us long-standing customers who never get access to these deals if it
goes badly and we have to deal with reduced quality of service.

Old November 12th 14, 04:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 16:42:46 +0000, chris wrote:

On 12/11/2014 16:00, Mark wrote:
On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 14:16:15 +0000, David wrote:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6...dium=twit ter

No wonder people go for ADSL over fiber at these prices

I use Fibre. But then my phone line is several miles of wet string.

First looks like 8 for first year and second offer minus 40

Plus line of course, think there must be something I'm missing.

I think it's called a loss-leader. I am not convinced it's a good
idea though. It relies on loads of people switching and then staying
with PN. However the kind of people who switch due to this kind of
offer are likely to leave again for the next cheapest offer.

Plus it potentially floods their network infrastructure as well as
support teams.

Quite. And the support teams were overloaded not long ago.

If all goes smoothly that's fine, but somewhat sticks in the throat for
us long-standing customers who never get access to these deals if it
goes badly and we have to deal with reduced quality of service.

IIRC PN will allow existing customers to access these deals, although
you would be committed to a new 12/18 month contract.

Old November 13th 14, 08:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

On 12/11/2014 16:00, Mark wrote:
[...]

Really? That's not what it says on the website: 'new customers only' etc.

I'll be with them for the conceivable future, so signing up for another
12/18 months isn't a problem.

Old November 13th 14, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derek F

On 12/11/2014 14:16, David wrote:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6...dium=twit ter

No wonder people go for ADSL over fiber at these prices

First looks like 8 for first year and second offer minus 40

Plus line of course, think there must be something I'm missing.

Regards
David

As with airlines there is always a better offer the day after I book.
Derek
Old November 13th 14, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derek F

On 12/11/2014 16:00, Mark wrote:
On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 14:16:15 +0000, David wrote:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6...dium=twit ter

No wonder people go for ADSL over fiber at these prices

I use Fibre. But then my phone line is several miles of wet string.

First looks like 8 for first year and second offer minus 40

Plus line of course, think there must be something I'm missing.

I think it's called a loss-leader. I am not convinced it's a good
idea though. It relies on loads of people switching and then staying
with PN. However the kind of people who switch due to this kind of
offer are likely to leave again for the next cheapest offer.

Plusnet are now my third ISP in a year.
Left o2 for Sky December 2013 and now to plusnet.
Where next?
Derek
Old November 13th 14, 10:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derek F

On 12/11/2014 16:42, chris wrote:
On 12/11/2014 16:00, Mark wrote:
[...]

As with banks. The new customers get the better rates.
Derek

Old November 13th 14, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

Derek F wrote:

Plusnet are now my third ISP in a year.
Left o2 for Sky December 2013 and now to plusnet.
Where next?
Derek

Zen.

or A&A - at least according to this group (I'm on cable!)

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com