Optimum escalation strategy

Old November 21st 14, 01:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Martin Brown

Default Optimum escalation strategy

The story so far... Rural North Yorkshire village with very finite
number of copper pairs into it. New build has added four new homes who
not surprisingly want landlines and BT are "doing their best". Their
tinkering is breaking existing circuits and they have yet to connect any
of the newcomers to the phone system giving them various excuses. They
have been prevaricating over this for about three months.

This latest effort has resulted in trashing my line and a neighbours
such that we now have an intermittent party line with enormous amounts
of clicking popping and banging on it. We can hear each others calls
faintly. Broadband is stable for only minutes at a time drops and
renegotiates or fails requiring a full router reboot to get DNS back.

Strangely the physical line still claims to be synched but with 0dB
signal margin - nothing works at all and attempts to refresh or resynch
without a full hard reset of the router almost never works.

I have had an open fault with EE since Monday passed to OpenReach who
promised to fix it by 1pm yesterday. If anything after their "fix" it is
now even worse with transient voltages on the line sufficient to make
the bell tinkle! Voice is barely intelligible and the ringing of a bell
when making a call has a highly distorted loud echo on the line. Some of
the time the line is clean and noise free but the ratio of good to bad
times is getting less and less favourable.

ADSL sync speed is in the spiral of death getting slower with every line
drop. I have chased it again today and been promised a fix by next
Tuesday and have extracted the escalation number from them ready for
when Openreach fail to deliver.

I don't expect them to deliver on this repair because I know for a fact
that there are no remaining good copper pairs back to the exchange.

Where do we go from here? And how do I escalate it most effectively to
get my own line fixed and also a landline service for the new residents.

Thanks for any suggestions or enlightenment.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old November 21st 14, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Graham J[_2_]

Martin Brown wrote:
[...]

Do you not have pikeys who would rip up all the copper wiring and sell
it for scrap?

Openreach would then have to replace it all - so would hopefully install
sufficient new pairs.

Get the local TV company to run an early evening news item on it, with
video of Openreach techicians down holes in the road and up poles.

A colleague who worked in China had his passport taken away until the
job was completed to the satisfaction of the Chinese employer. Perhaps
you could kidnap a van-load of Openreach technicians ....???

--
Graham J

Old November 21st 14, 03:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
tony sayer

I don't expect them to deliver on this repair because I know for a fact
that there are no remaining good copper pairs back to the exchange.

Well they should pull in another cable then!..

Where do we go from here? And how do I escalate it most effectively to
get my own line fixed and also a landline service for the new residents.

Thanks for any suggestions or enlightenment.

Http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=12034&c=BT%20Retail

http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=9593&c=Openreach

Worked for me with a Rail company...
--
Tony Sayer

Old November 21st 14, 03:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
tony sayer

In article , Graham J
scribeth thus
Martin Brown wrote:
[...]

Crafty..

But how long would it take them to run in a new cable;?...

Old November 21st 14, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Woody

"Martin Brown" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Is there a school or library in or near the village with
NYNet?

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old November 22nd 14, 12:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
tony sayer writes:
Do you not have pikeys who would rip up all the copper wiring and sell
it for scrap?

Crafty..

But how long would it take them to run in a new cable;?...

Took a couple of weeks when a 400 pair line needed replacing
which fed my parents and their neighbours. One neighbour died,
unable to use his emergency alert button after he fell over,
and was stuck on the floor for a day before being found by
his next-door neighbours.

After the initial reconnection, it took another couple of days
to get the correct line reconnected, rather than the business
line of the bloke across the road.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Old November 22nd 14, 06:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

On Fri, 21 Nov 2014 15:53:34 +0000, tony sayer
wrote:

I don't expect them to deliver on this repair because I know for a fact
that there are no remaining good copper pairs back to the exchange.

Well they should pull in another cable then!..

Where do we go from here? And how do I escalate it most effectively to
get my own line fixed and also a landline service for the new residents.

Thanks for any suggestions or enlightenment.

Http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=12034&c=BT%20Retail

http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=9593&c=Openreach

Worked for me with a Rail company...

Your visit to CEOemail.com

You seem to be having problems accessing our website today.

Your options now a
Visit the site http://www.ceoemail.com

Pay for commercial use of the site
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^??????
Contact us
Tip: You cannot use "bookmarks" or "favourites" to access individual
CEO details on this site. So, if you are trying to return to a saved
"bookmark" or "favourite" please go to the front page of the
http://ceoemail.com site.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old November 30th 14, 12:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Optimist

On Fri, 21 Nov 2014 13:23:50 +0000, Martin Brown wrote:

[...]

Wireless broadband would enable you to dispense with Openreach altogether.
Old November 30th 14, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
newshound

On 21/11/2014 13:23, Martin Brown wrote:
The story so far... Rural North Yorkshire village with very finite
number of copper pairs into it. New build has added four new homes who

snip

Thanks for any suggestions or enlightenment.

I'd certainly consider a letter to your MP. He's likely to give Ofcom a
boot up the backside.
Old November 30th 14, 06:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Mike Perkins

On 21/11/2014 13:23, Martin Brown wrote:
The story so far... Rural North Yorkshire village with very finite
number of copper pairs into it. New build has added four new homes who
not surprisingly want landlines and BT are "doing their best". Their
tinkering is breaking existing circuits and they have yet to connect any
of the newcomers to the phone system giving them various excuses. They
have been prevaricating over this for about three months.

Have you considered changing it to a business line? I know it costs
more, but there might be providers out there who give better
compensation for every day your line is out of action.

As soon as all is fixed, revert back to a residential line!

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd