plusnet moorcroft

Old November 24th 14, 11:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default plusnet moorcroft

I left plusnet after several years this summer. I paid the last bill and thought nothing of it. I then received a letter from moorcroft demanding payment for services AFTER the account was closed. Any advice on how to deal with this. Ringing seems pointless as I can't get sense from anyone!
Old November 25th 14, 12:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_2_]

Roger Mills wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Roger Mills wrote:

Who's "moorcroft"?

are they actually an in-house BT dept?

I can't find any evidence of that, but it wouldn't have surprised me.

Seems I was mistaken ...

Old November 25th 14, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Mills

On 25/11/2014 12:43, Andy Burns wrote:
Roger Mills wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Roger Mills wrote:

Who's "moorcroft"?

are they actually an in-house BT dept?

I can't find any evidence of that, but it wouldn't have surprised me.

Seems I was mistaken ...

Perhaps in this case - but it's by no means unknown for organisations
(particularly banks) to use fictitious legal companies - which are
actually internal departments - to send threatening letters to people.
--
Cheers,
Roger