Transfer to PlusNet

Old November 25th 14, 03:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Leuty

Default Transfer to PlusNet

My phone & broadband are expected to transfer to PlusNet on Dec 4th. However, a separate email tells me that my phone number will transfer on the 9th. So where's it going for 5 days...?
Old November 25th 14, 05:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 25/11/2014 15:28, Chris Leuty wrote:
My phone & broadband are expected to transfer to PlusNet on Dec 4th. However, a separate email tells me that my phone number will transfer on the 9th. So where's it going for 5 days...?

If you've a support ticket reference or some other means of me identify
your account, then I'll happily take a look and clarify the situation
for you?

Old November 25th 14, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derek F

On 25/11/2014 15:28, Chris Leuty wrote:
My phone & broadband are expected to transfer to PlusNet on Dec 4th. However, a separate email tells me that my phone number will transfer on the 9th. So where's it going for 5 days...?

I had a similar E-mail before my expected change date last week but both
happened on the due date. Phone in early morning and broadband afternoon.
Part of the E-Mai:
"Your Plusnet Home Phone service is ready to use.
Your telephone number is
About your first bill
About your second bill
Because your broadband and phone were activated at different times,
we'll give you a discount off your second month's bill.
We'll refund you for the period between your broadband and phone going
live. Your second month's invoice will show you details of the refund"
Derek

Old November 25th 14, 10:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Leuty

On Tuesday, 25 November 2014 17:02:59 UTC, Plusnet Support Team wrote:
On 25/11/2014 15:28, Chris Leuty wrote:
My phone & broadband are expected to transfer to PlusNet on Dec 4th. However, a separate email tells me that my phone number will transfer on the 9th. So where's it going for 5 days...?

If you've a support ticket reference or some other means of me identify
your account, then I'll happily take a look and clarify the situation
for you?

Thanks Bob; the original email was for "Question 95095916" if that helps. Latest email states broadband will go live on the 10th. That's three emails in the space of a little over 6 hours, the second & third contradicting the first, leaving me with the impression that the phone and broadband won't transfer on the same day.

Old November 27th 14, 04:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 26/11/2014 10:18, brightside S9 wrote:
On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 20:18:32 +0000, Derek F
wrote:

On 25/11/2014 15:28, Chris Leuty wrote:
My phone & broadband are expected to transfer to PlusNet on Dec 4th. However, a separate email tells me that my phone number will transfer on the 9th. So where's it going for 5 days...?

I had a similar E-mail before my expected change date last week but both
happened on the due date. Phone in early morning and broadband afternoon.
Part of the E-Mai:
"Your Plusnet Home Phone service is ready to use.
Your telephone number is
About your first bill
About your second bill
Because your broadband and phone were activated at different times,
we'll give you a discount off your second month's bill.
We'll refund you for the period between your broadband and phone going
live. Your second month's invoice will show you details of the refund"

Indeed they say that. It didn't happen for me. I have had to chase for
the refund. Very speedy reply, an apology, and a credit note shown on
my account. However the refund is greater than my second bill amount.
No information has been provided how that will be handled. I've asked
how it will be handled. Waiting for a reply.

It's probably easier that we refund a previous invoice in which case. If
you can provide me some means of identifying the account then I don't
mind taking a look?

Old November 27th 14, 05:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 25/11/2014 22:46, Chris Leuty wrote:
On Tuesday, 25 November 2014 17:02:59 UTC, Plusnet Support Team wrote:
On 25/11/2014 15:28, Chris Leuty wrote:
My phone & broadband are expected to transfer to PlusNet on Dec 4th. However, a separate email tells me that my phone number will transfer on the 9th. So where's it going for 5 days...?

If you've a support ticket reference or some other means of me identify
your account, then I'll happily take a look and clarify the situation
for you?

Thanks Bob; the original email was for "Question 95095916" if that helps. Latest email states broadband will go live on the 10th. That's three emails in the space of a little over 6 hours, the second & third contradicting the first, leaving me with the impression that the phone and broadband won't transfer on the same day.

Thanks. It's a sim order that's been placed so both services should go
live on the same day.

Unfortunately, that date is the 9th, rather than the 4th.

The confusing messaging is born from a couple of things.

Our automated systems don't account for delay notices very well, and the
notice you received for the 10th is an artefact of days gone by when we
used to activate accounts the day after they were provisioned. Both
messages are something we're working towards improving.

Old November 27th 14, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Leuty

On Thursday, 27 November 2014 17:05:10 UTC, Plusnet Support Team wrote:
[...]

Thank you, the 9th it is then.