Usenet on PlusNet - there's an intermittent problem

Old December 10th 14, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NY

Default Usenet on PlusNet - there's an intermittent problem

If anyone is having problem reading news postings since about 11:00 today
(10 Dec) then it's due to an intermittent problem at Plusnet's end which
they are aware of - I've just confirmed this in a chat session with their
tech support. They say "try later".

For some reason, they don't list intermittent problems on their Service
Status page, which is the first place I checked...

Old December 10th 14, 01:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On 10/12/2014 12:27, NY wrote:
If anyone is having problem reading news postings since about 11:00
today (10 Dec) then it's due to an intermittent problem at Plusnet's end
which they are aware of - I've just confirmed this in a chat session
with their tech support. They say "try later".

For some reason, they don't list intermittent problems on their Service
Status page, which is the first place I checked...

Really?

I'm not aware of any intermittent issues affecting our Usenet service?

Old December 10th 14, 01:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NY

"Plusnet Support Team" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 10/12/2014 12:27, NY wrote:
If anyone is having problem reading news postings since about 11:00
today (10 Dec) then it's due to an intermittent problem at Plusnet's end
which they are aware of - I've just confirmed this in a chat session
with their tech support. They say "try later".

For some reason, they don't list intermittent problems on their Service
Status page, which is the first place I checked...

Really?

I'm not aware of any intermittent issues affecting our Usenet service?

Weird. Dan M said that there were intermittent problems when I chatted with
him an hour ago. And because they were intermittent they were difficult to
investigate. I wish I'd asked for a transcript of the chat session to be
emailed to me...

Anyway, the fact that I have now received your posting suggests that
whatever was wrong has now righted itself.

Old December 10th 14, 02:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J[_2_]

On 10/12/2014 12:27, NY wrote:
If anyone is having problem reading news postings since about 11:00
today (10 Dec) then it's due to an intermittent problem at Plusnet's end
which they are aware of - I've just confirmed this in a chat session
with their tech support. They say "try later".

For some reason, they don't list intermittent problems on their Service
Status page, which is the first place I checked...

Really?

I'm not aware of any intermittent issues affecting our Usenet service?

Weird. Dan M said that there were intermittent problems when I chatted
with him an hour ago. And because they were intermittent they were
difficult to investigate. I wish I'd asked for a transcript of the chat
session to be emailed to me...

Anyway, the fact that I have now received your posting suggests that
whatever was wrong has now righted itself.

Or it's still intermittently present ...

--
Graham J

Old December 10th 14, 09:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 13:40:49 -0000, "NY" wrote:

"Plusnet Support Team" wrote in message
news:[email protected] co.uk...
On 10/12/2014 12:27, NY wrote:
If anyone is having problem reading news postings since about 11:00
today (10 Dec) then it's due to an intermittent problem at Plusnet's end
which they are aware of - I've just confirmed this in a chat session
with their tech support. They say "try later".

For some reason, they don't list intermittent problems on their Service
Status page, which is the first place I checked...

Really?

I'm not aware of any intermittent issues affecting our Usenet service?

Weird. Dan M said that there were intermittent problems when I chatted with
him an hour ago. And because they were intermittent they were difficult to
investigate. I wish I'd asked for a transcript of the chat session to be
emailed to me...

Anyway, the fact that I have now received your posting suggests that
whatever was wrong has now righted itself.

Not weird at all, it's the old "Yes sir, we are aware of a problem and
are working on it. Call back later" ploy that bedevils first line
support.

Tiscali used to be masters of this art, and would claim to have
knowledge of practically anything you reported to them. It will be
fixed in 36 hours.

The correct response should have been "Thanks for bringing this to our
attention but I am not aware of anything at our end that would cause
this. I will do some checking and get back to you".

When in doubt tell_the_truth.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old December 14th 14, 02:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

"Graham." wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 13:40:49 -0000, "NY" wrote:

"Plusnet Support Team" wrote in message
news:[email protected] .co.uk...
On 10/12/2014 12:27, NY wrote:
[...]

But even that could be a lie as they very seldom ring back.