Open Reach to visit me.

Old December 13th 14, 10:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default Open Reach to visit me.

My Sky Fiber sync. speed as dropped to below the estimate Sky gave me at
the time I started which was 28 Mbs.

Spoke to them today and was asked a lot of questions and they did line
tests and found no noise or problems. Also they said current estimate
of sync. would be 29 Mbs. ( I looked at Plusnet site and their
estimate from BT is 32 Mbs )

From Sky I'm on up to 38 Mbs, at first I got in the region of 34/35
Mbs. but over a period of time got less.

Now it is below the estimate of 28 Mbs so phoned them today.

It is 27397 with noise margin of 9.0 and Attn. of 24.8

Noise used to be around 6.6 daytime and dropped in darkness with Attn.
of 25.0

These figures are the same when built in filter of master socket removed
and loose filter used into test socket and only Sky hub in use.

Sky are sending an Open Reach engineer to me so what can I expect from
him, please?

Regards
David
Old December 13th 14, 12:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Scott

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 10:22:00 +0000, David wrote:

My Sky Fiber sync. speed as dropped to below the estimate Sky gave me at
the time I started which was 28 Mbs.

Spoke to them today and was asked a lot of questions and they did line
tests and found no noise or problems. Also they said current estimate
of sync. would be 29 Mbs. ( I looked at Plusnet site and their
estimate from BT is 32 Mbs )

From Sky I'm on up to 38 Mbs, at first I got in the region of 34/35
Mbs. but over a period of time got less.

Now it is below the estimate of 28 Mbs so phoned them today.

It is 27397 with noise margin of 9.0 and Attn. of 24.8

Noise used to be around 6.6 daytime and dropped in darkness with Attn.
of 25.0

These figures are the same when built in filter of master socket removed
and loose filter used into test socket and only Sky hub in use.

Sky are sending an Open Reach engineer to me so what can I expect from
him, please?

It might be a 'her' :-)
Old December 13th 14, 01:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roderick Stewart

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 12:43:49 +0000, Scott
wrote:

Sky are sending an Open Reach engineer to me so what can I expect from
him, please?

It might be a 'her' :-)

It's unlikely, but you can always hope. :-)

Rod.
Old December 13th 14, 03:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

wrote:

Sky are sending an Open Reach engineer to me so what can I expect from
him, please?

It might be a 'her' :-)

It's unlikely, but you can always hope. :-)

Rod.

Sky at a higher level of Support have phoned me on a follow up and he
said he had reviewed my problem and he told me I needed a reset by Open
Reach engineer when he* comes next week. ( He used the HE too!)

Will the OR engineer do that at my home remotely or go to my cabinet to
do the reset?

Regards
David
Old December 13th 14, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

wrote:

Sky are sending an Open Reach engineer to me so what
can I expect from
him, please?

It might be a 'her' :-)

It's unlikely, but you can always hope. :-)

Rod.

Sky at a higher level of Support have phoned me on a
follow up and he said he had reviewed my problem and he
told me I needed a reset by Open Reach engineer when he*
comes next week. ( He used the HE too!)

Will the OR engineer do that at my home remotely or go to
my cabinet to do the reset?

I would guess he will ring someone up who will do it for
her.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old December 13th 14, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fred

In article , Woody
writes
"David" wrote in message

Will the OR engineer do that at my home remotely or go to
my cabinet to do the reset?

I would guess he will ring someone up who will do it for
her.

Clearly, if it needs sleeves rolling up it will be Morris and if in
needs tippy tapping on a keyboard it will be Doris :-)

[Apologies but I've just finished watching the London 'markets' series
on the beeb and the disturbing sexist abuse/pawing that appears to still
exist there had rubbed off a bit. A bit like the police in the 70s.]
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Old December 13th 14, 11:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

wrote:

Sky are sending an Open Reach engineer to me so what can I expect from
him, please?

It might be a 'her' :-)

It's unlikely, but you can always hope. :-)

Rod.

Sky at a higher level of Support have phoned me on a follow up and he said
he had reviewed my problem and he told me I needed a reset by Open Reach
engineer when he* comes next week. ( He used the HE too!)

Will the OR engineer do that at my home remotely or go to my cabinet to do
the reset?

Sky can do it themselves if they were that bothered.

Old December 14th 14, 12:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

wrote:

Sky are sending an Open Reach engineer to me so what can I expect from
him, please?

It might be a 'her' :-)

It's unlikely, but you can always hope. :-)

Rod.

Sky at a higher level of Support have phoned me on a follow up and he
said he had reviewed my problem and he told me I needed a reset by
Open Reach engineer when he* comes next week. ( He used the HE too!)

Will the OR engineer do that at my home remotely or go to my cabinet
to do the reset?

Sky can do it themselves if they were that bothered.

They told me they can do ADSL but at present time they can't do fiber
only BT can reset that.
Regards
David
Old December 14th 14, 01:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

wrote:

Sky are sending an Open Reach engineer to me so what can I expect
from
him, please?

It might be a 'her' :-)

It's unlikely, but you can always hope. :-)

Rod.

Sky at a higher level of Support have phoned me on a follow up and he
said he had reviewed my problem and he told me I needed a reset by
Open Reach engineer when he* comes next week. ( He used the HE too!)

Will the OR engineer do that at my home remotely or go to my cabinet
to do the reset?

Sky can do it themselves if they were that bothered.

They told me they can do ADSL but at present time they can't do fiber only
BT can reset that.

Cough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They have as much access as Openreach, they just don't want to do it (or
should that read, don't know how to do it).

Old December 14th 14, 01:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

[...]

There is either within openreach or between openreach and BT wholesale,
a complete divide between the line from the exchange or cabinet, and
what is inside. Different teams do different things.

rare story of which you happen to have first-hand knowledge. - Erwin Knoll