I told you, didn't I?

Old December 13th 14, 10:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyig u 214 + on desktop

Default I told you, didn't I?

Just checked on the FTTC availability date for my cabinet. It has been
31st Dec 2014 for the last 9 months but within the last 48 hours they (I
presume BT or Openreach) have amended it to now read 30th September
2015. I started looking when it was 31st December 2012, so I really am
now becoming to believe that I won't be getting FTTC in my lifetime.
--
Heard melodies are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter
FN 214+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland

Old December 13th 14, 01:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 10:46:39 -0000
"Flyiñg Ñuñ 214 + on desktop" wrote:

Just checked on the FTTC availability date for my cabinet. It has
been 31st Dec 2014 for the last 9 months but within the last 48 hours
they (I presume BT or Openreach) have amended it to now read 30th
September 2015. I started looking when it was 31st December 2012,
so I really am now becoming to believe that I won't be getting FTTC
in my lifetime.

Mine still says Sep. 2014. There are cabinets in the street, but no
longer anybody working on them.

--
Davey.

Old December 13th 14, 02:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Tobin

In article ,
Flyig u 214 + on desktop wrote:
Just checked on the FTTC availability date for my cabinet. It has been
31st Dec 2014 for the last 9 months but within the last 48 hours they (I
presume BT or Openreach) have amended it to now read 30th September
2015.

They appear to have put lots of the December ones back yesterday.

I started looking when it was 31st December 2012, so I really am
now becoming to believe that I won't be getting FTTC in my lifetime.

Your best approach to getting it in your lifetime is to eat a healthy
diet[*] and take regular exercise.
[*] plenty of fibre, obviously.

-- Richard
Old December 13th 14, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyig u 214 + on desktop

"Flyig u 214 + on desktop" wrote:

Just checked on the FTTC availability date for my cabinet. It has
been 31st Dec 2014 for the last 9 months but within the last 48 hours
they (I presume BT or Openreach) have amended it to now read 30th
September 2015. I started looking when it was 31st December 2012,
so I really am now becoming to believe that I won't be getting FTTC
in my lifetime.

Mine still says Sep. 2014. There are cabinets in the street, but no
longer anybody working on them.

I don't think there's been any work done on our cabinet for a couple of
years now. The only action has been the steady and regular amendments
to the FTTC availability forecast.

Old December 13th 14, 10:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyig u 214 + on desktop

Richard Tobin wrote:
In article ,
Flyig u 214 + on desktop wrote:
Just checked on the FTTC availability date for my cabinet. It has
been 31st Dec 2014 for the last 9 months but within the last 48
hours they (I presume BT or Openreach) have amended it to now read
30th September 2015.

They appear to have put lots of the December ones back yesterday.

I started looking when it was 31st December 2012, so I really am
now becoming to believe that I won't be getting FTTC in my lifetime.

Your best approach to getting it in your lifetime is to eat a healthy
diet[*] and take regular exercise.

[*] plenty of fibre, obviously.

-- Richard

I've been doing that for quite some time Richard. Even kept the
badminton going for several years past my 70th birthday. In fact I've
been a regular player for well over 50 years now, although my 5
evenings a week has now fallen sharply to only the one these days.
Even so I think that having a chance to experience FTTC will just be a
hope rather than an expectation. Still, I suppose that having a
smartphone with EE as provider giving me 4G is the best I'm going to
get. On occasions at various locations whilst out and about the city I
have received d/l speeds in excess of 30 Mbps whereas my wifi only gives
me between 4 - 7.5 Mbps.

Old December 14th 14, 10:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 10:46:39 -0000, "Flyig u 214 + on desktop"
wrote:

Just checked on the FTTC availability date for my cabinet. It has been
31st Dec 2014 for the last 9 months but within the last 48 hours they (I
presume BT or Openreach) have amended it to now read 30th September
2015. I started looking when it was 31st December 2012, so I really am
now becoming to believe that I won't be getting FTTC in my lifetime.

How do you check the date for a specific cabinet?
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
I can't be overdrawn, I still have checks left!

---

Old December 14th 14, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyig u 214 + on netbook

wrote:

Just checked on the FTTC availability date for my cabinet. It has
been 31st Dec 2014 for the last 9 months but within the last 48
hours they (I presume BT or Openreach) have amended it to now read
30th September 2015. I started looking when it was 31st December
2012, so I really am now becoming to believe that I won't be
getting FTTC in my lifetime.

How do you check the date for a specific cabinet?

Goto this page and enter your 'phone number. It tells you data for the
particular cabinet that you are connected to.

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/A...neNumberOutput
--
Heard messages are sweet but those Unheard are sweeter
FN 214+. Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland

Old December 15th 14, 12:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

wrote:

Just checked on the FTTC availability date for my cabinet. It has
been 31st Dec 2014 for the last 9 months but within the last 48
hours they (I presume BT or Openreach) have amended it to now read
30th September 2015. I started looking when it was 31st December
2012, so I really am now becoming to believe that I won't be
getting FTTC in my lifetime.

How do you check the date for a specific cabinet?

Goto this page and enter your 'phone number. It tells you data for
the particular cabinet that you are connected to.

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/A...neNumberOutput

That just tells me that I can get ADSL Max, which I know already. No
mention of the fibre cabinets which are now in the street. No mention
of Sept. 2014, the previous date from BT for fibre here.

--
Davey.