Bhtee trolling with last 10m FTTP

Old January 30th 15, 08:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Default Bhtee trolling with last 10m FTTP

Bhtee trolling with last 10m FTTP
--------------------------------

Bhtee now saying they are going to roll out (testing) of 1Gbit
ethernet but no doubt the Bhtee management trolls figured out
yet another way to avoid FTTP by doing the last
10m or so with copper.

Why do we need Bhtee management trolls to
dream up yet more schemes to screw customers?

It costs practically nothing to put a fiber cherry
connector under the street with more termination
points than a Krone strip using far less space.
All that the installation engineers will have to do
is pull a fiber like the way they pull a wire
and terminate (10 minutes with practice and training)
and then connect to the cherry, seal the box and thats
it.

It doesn't have to be anything or anything less
of a system than an indentical replacement for existing
copper style installations.
Even ideas such as fiber trays are extravgant deviations
from the norm for wiring installations.
So why have it?
Plenty of installations I know of that don't have it
and no one is screaming.

You have to be a Bhtee management trolling village idiot
to come up with these time and money wasting systems
when you could put one engineer in charge
and let them copy the install procedures
as they would do any other install and specify
hermaphrodite connectors that can easily be panalised
or connected to each other and bob's your uncle,
very low cost FTTP.

Old January 30th 15, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"7" [email protected] .com wrote in
message ...
[...]

You have overlooked one thing throughout. 999 is sacrosanct and fibre
will not work when the power fails - but line powered phones will. The
fact that you use a DECT phone which has also died has nothing to do
with it - plug in a POT and it will work.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old January 31st 15, 12:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 22:51:47 -0000
"Woody" wrote:

You have overlooked one thing throughout. 999 is sacrosanct and fibre
will not work when the power fails - but line powered phones will.
The fact that you use a DECT phone which has also died has nothing to
do with it - plug in a POT and it will work.

Which is why we keep an old rotary dial 'phone handy.

--
Davey.
Old January 31st 15, 08:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"Woody" wrote:

You have overlooked one thing throughout. 999 is sacrosanct and
fibre
will not work when the power fails - but line powered phones will.
The fact that you use a DECT phone which has also died has nothing
do with it - plug in a POT and it will work.

Which is why we keep an old rotary dial 'phone handy.

Agreed, but surely the object of FTTP is to do away with the need for
copper?

We have friends in Germany - and I would add in a village a few miles
outside a medium city - who have had FTTP for getting on for most of
this century and no copper. The fibre brings B/B, phone, and scores of
TV channels for little more than most of us pay for the B/B element
alone in the UK BUT they don't have the complication of the legal
requirement to be able to make a call if the mains fails. Having said
that I think their domestic interface is battery backed but that may
be their own choosing, I'm unsure.

Old January 31st 15, 11:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Davey

On Sat, 31 Jan 2015 08:09:38 -0000
"Woody" wrote:

BUT they don't have the complication of the legal
requirement to be able to make a call if the mains fails.

So we are not comparing apples with apples, then.

Although I will be briefly staying in Germany at the end of March, the
place I will be at does not even have a TV set, so I won't be able to do
much investigating on this issue.

--
Davey.
Old January 31st 15, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Woody wrote:

[...]

Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And Tripple DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little knowledge and BHteee management trolls *fscking* know it all
already!!

First of all what has phone anything to do with fiber data?

They are ordered separately.

Secondly, all telephone equipment is powered on the streets.
There is nothing to stop those powered phones being installed
if you wanted it.

Thirdly the emergency services trolling was aimed at VoIP
companies who provide telephony services.
These trolls are out dated.

In any case, these days who uses a phone any way?
Its all done with mobile phones.

I've not had a Bhtee phone for best part of a decade.
Never had trouble calling emergency services.

Old February 1st 15, 11:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
grinch

On 31/01/15 18:39, 7 wrote:
Woody wrote:

"7" [email protected] .com wrote in
message ...
Bhtee trolling with last 10m FTTP
--------------------------------

It costs practically nothing to put a fiber cherry
connector under the street with more termination

Complete rubbish you have to be insured and are supposed to have had
training to City and Guilds standards and be insured for public
liability up to 10 million I seem to recall.

There are HV electricity cables and gas mains in the street/footpath
both of which have the potential to kill/maim.

An install I was working on recently had a dig of 10M and an install of
blown fibre, the civil's came to £10000 alone. IT was FTTP but not
broadband ,fastethernet circuit which will cost them £500 a month.

points than a Krone strip using far less space.
All that the installation engineers will have to do
is pull a fiber like the way they pull a wire
and terminate (10 minutes with practice and training)
and then connect to the cherry, seal the box and thats

it.

Training is a four day course and then you need the tools ,there is a
second hand fusion splicer on ebay for £2800 which is a very good price.
Then you need things like a fibre cleaver £2800 striping tools light
source level meter etc

It doesn't have to be anything or anything less
of a system than an indentical replacement for existing
copper style installations.
Even ideas such as fiber trays are extravgant deviations
from the norm for wiring installations.
So why have it?

Plenty of installations I know of that don't have it
and no one is screaming.

Fine for single fibre cables which you are used to try a 96 fibre pair
cable and no fibre tray, its horses for courses.

You have to be a Bhtee management trolling village idiot
to come up with these time and money wasting systems
when you could put one engineer in charge
and let them copy the install procedures
as they would do any other install and specify
hermaphrodite connectors that can easily be panalised
or connected to each other and bob's your uncle,
very low cost FTTP.

The guts of the larger Huawei dslams cost £65000 a BT contact told me
and that excludes cabinet and civils ,according to the Huawei website
they can handle up 2688 subs.

You have overlooked one thing throughout. 999 is sacrosanct and fibre
will not work when the power fails - but line powered phones will. The
fact that you use a DECT phone which has also died has nothing to do
with it - plug in a POT and it will work.

Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And Tripple DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little knowledge and BHteee management trolls *fscking* know it all
already!!

You regularly prove that to be true with your grossly
uninformed/inaccurate rantings

First of all what has phone anything to do with fiber data?

They are ordered separately.

Secondly, all telephone equipment is powered on the streets.
There is nothing to stop those powered phones being installed
if you wanted it.

Wrong all BT " analogue " lines are DC powered (-48V ) from the local
exchange. They have to provide a 999 service which works during a power
cut. I have installed them ,they cost a fortune and very heavy due to
the fact they are usually around 1200Ah @ 2V.

Thirdly the emergency services trolling was aimed at VoIP
companies who provide telephony services.
These trolls are out dated.

In any case, these days who uses a phone any way?
Its all done with mobile phones.

How do you get A/Vdsl then ?

I've not had a Bhtee phone for best part of a decade.
Never had trouble calling emergency services.

Why not do us all a favour stop posting on Telecoms issues because your
clearly don't know what you are talking about.

I don't claim to be the world expert but I do work in the industry and
know how much some things cost. It is an awful lot more than most soho
users think.

A cisco 1000 series PE router which terminates your dsl can cost £250000
fully carded up,buy a few and you will get discount.

Old February 1st 15, 02:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

"grinch" wrote in message
On 31/01/15 18:39, 7 wrote:
Woody wrote:

[...]

Also brown water and rain water sewers, water supply etc.

This is just another attempted troll by 7 so he must have been excluded from
his place of education.

Old February 1st 15, 02:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

grinch wrote:

A cisco 1000 series PE router which terminates your dsl can cost £250000
fully carded up,buy a few and you will get discount.

Ah great! Throw in more dopey pricing and push up those costs now!!

Well I been to China, and I don't have any difficulties getting
$10 fiber optic anything.

Next!

Old February 1st 15, 07:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
grinch

On 01/02/15 14:29, 7 wrote:
grinch wrote:

A cisco 1000 series PE router which terminates your dsl can cost £250000
fully carded up,buy a few and you will get discount.

Ah great! Throw in more dopey pricing and push up those costs now!!

Get some prices then and prove me wrong Cisco 10ks are very popular for
V/Adsl termination otherwise shut up.

Well I been to China, and I don't have any difficulties getting
$10 fiber optic anything.

I did not want an "anything " just a PE router capable of terminating
say 5000 simultaneous dsl customers. Dual processor card and dual ac or
dc power supplies.

The one I was talking of was cisco 10013 router.

Next!