VM Usenet feed

Old February 3rd 15, 10:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

Default VM Usenet feed

Anyone having problems with news.virginmedia.com today? Seems
extremely slow.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old February 3rd 15, 11:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Andrews[_2_]

On 03/02/2015 10:08, Woody wrote:
Anyone having problems with news.virginmedia.com today? Seems
extremely slow.

So is mine - South London.

Peter
Old February 3rd 15, 06:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Pounder

"Woody" wrote in message
Anyone having problems with news.virginmedia.com today? Seems extremely
slow.

--

Got rid of it ages ago as I kept being reported.
Eternal-september has been 99.999999% spot on for me. Figure was estimated.

Old February 3rd 15, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
eastender[_2_]

On 2015-02-03 10:08:03 +0000, Woody said:

Anyone having problems with news.virginmedia.com today? Seems extremely slow.

Yes - it's slow today. Normally it's very good.

E.

Old February 3rd 15, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Guest

Woody wrote (apparently) in uk.telecom.broadband on Tue 03 Feb 2015 10:08:03:

Anyone having problems with news.virginmedia.com today? Seems
extremely slow.

Comically slow here in Knaresborough still at this time. Subscribed via
news.individual.net and it's instantaneous.
--
MrGuest
Always, seemingly, on the road to nowhere
Old February 3rd 15, 11:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"Mr Guest" wrote in message
Woody wrote (apparently) in uk.telecom.broadband on Tue 03 Feb 2015
10:08:03:

Anyone having problems with news.virginmedia.com today? Seems
extremely slow.

Comically slow here in Knaresborough still at this time. Subscribed
via
news.individual.net and it's instantaneous.
--

Yes, I normally use Eternal September which is also lightning fast,
but it went down a few months ago and their web site was also off line

Couldn't do without by daily dose of Bill Wright could I?

Old February 4th 15, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Guest

Woody wrote (apparently) in uk.telecom.broadband on Tue 03 Feb 2015 23:54:44:

"Mr Guest" wrote in message
Woody wrote (apparently) in uk.telecom.broadband on Tue 03 Feb 2015
10:08:03:

Anyone having problems with news.virginmedia.com today? Seems
extremely slow.

Comically slow here in Knaresborough still at this time. Subscribed
via
news.individual.net and it's instantaneous.
--

Yes, I normally use Eternal September which is also lightning fast,
but it went down a few months ago and their web site was also off line
so one does to assume the worst and I moved back to VM. I reinstated
ES today and had forgotten just how fast it is.

Couldn't do without by daily dose of Bill Wright could I?

Of course!

There used to be a text newsserver somewhere at VM/ntl but suspect it's been
discontinued a long time. As I have renewed my NIN subscription for two years
and only read text groups anyway I shall resubscribe to those that were on VM
via NIN and be done with it.
Old February 5th 15, 11:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
eastender[_2_]

On 2015-02-03 10:08:03 +0000, Woody said:

Anyone having problems with news.virginmedia.com today? Seems extremely slow.

It's back to usual - a problem with Highwinds, the provider. It
affected other services too.

E.