Can anyone recommend a PAYG SIM that doesn't run out?

Old February 9th 15, 11:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JohnDavidson

Default Can anyone recommend a PAYG SIM that doesn't run out?

Hi,

I need to grab a cheap iPhone for testing purposes. It won't be used for
any calls or data, but I need it to be working so I can test a couple of
basic apps which I'm developing.

So, I need a SIM card; is there one which doesn't expire once I've bunged a
fiver onto it, or am I obliged to throw money at it every so often to keep
it alive?

Cheers.

---

Old February 9th 15, 12:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

On 09/02/2015 11:53, JohnDavidson wrote:
Hi,

I need to grab a cheap iPhone for testing purposes. It won't be used
for any calls or data, but I need it to be working so I can test a
couple of basic apps which I'm developing.

So, I need a SIM card; is there one which doesn't expire once I've
bunged a fiver onto it, or am I obliged to throw money at it every so
often to keep it alive?

Three, GiffGaff or Virgin, the latter only needs an initial top up of a
fiver, the other two a tenner I think

Credit won't expire (as long as you make one chargeable action
every 180 days)

--
Mark
Old February 9th 15, 01:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JohnDavidson

Hi,

I need to grab a cheap iPhone for testing purposes. It won't be used
for any calls or data, but I need it to be working so I can test a
couple of basic apps which I'm developing.

So, I need a SIM card; is there one which doesn't expire once I've
bunged a fiver onto it, or am I obliged to throw money at it every so
often to keep it alive?

Three, GiffGaff or Virgin, the latter only needs an initial top up of a
fiver, the other two a tenner I think

Credit won't expire (as long as you make one chargeable action
every 180 days)

------

Many thanks.

---

Old February 9th 15, 10:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Toby[_2_]

On 09/02/2015 11:53, JohnDavidson wrote:
Hi,

I need to grab a cheap iPhone for testing purposes. It won't be used
for any calls or data, but I need it to be working so I can test a
couple of basic apps which I'm developing.

So, I need a SIM card; is there one which doesn't expire once I've
bunged a fiver onto it, or am I obliged to throw money at it every so
often to keep it alive?

Cheers.

---

You do know an iPhone will still do everything else that doesn't require
a SIM, without a SIM don't you?

--
Toby...
Remove your pants to reply
Old February 10th 15, 01:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

On Mon, 09 Feb 2015 12:09:45 +0000, just as I was about to take a
herb, Mark Carver disturbed my reverie
and wrote:

Credit won't expire (as long as you make one chargeable action
every 180 days)

PMFJI, but are there any PAYG SIMs that do not have even this
restriction at all?
--
Cheers,

DrT

** You've never known happiness until you're married;
** but by then it is too late.
Old February 10th 15, 07:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

and wrote:

Credit won't expire (as long as you make one chargeable action
every 180 days)

PMFJI, but are there any PAYG SIMs that do not have even this
restriction at all?

SIMs like this don't...

http://www.traveltalksim.com/

--
Mark
Old February 10th 15, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DrTeeth

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 07:49:52 +0000, just as I was about to take a
herb, Mark Carver disturbed my reverie
and wrote:

SIMs like this don't...

http://www.traveltalksim.com/

Cheers for that.
--

Cheers

DrT
______________________________
We may not be able to prevent the stormy times in
our lives; but we can always choose whether or not
to dance in the puddles (Jewish proverb).
Old July 7th 16, 10:06 AM
nanrock's Avatar
nanrock nanrock is offline
Junior Member

Location: london

Hi
did u ever heard about Vectone Mobile, i think that suits your needs...

trust me ..i am using it for three years and gained all their offers..

check out buddy http://www.vectonemobile.co.uk/