Changing BT Home Hub 5 Settings

Old February 15th 15, 07:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham Naylor[_2_]

Default Changing BT Home Hub 5 Settings

Hi,

I am about to change to using a Home Hub 5 from a Belkin router, on the
Belkin I was able to access the settings for the router via a web page is
this possible on the home hub and if so what is the address, the main reason
for this is to change the wireless password to something I can remember
while I change the access on my wireless PCs in another room.

Thanks

Graham

Old February 15th 15, 07:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"Graham Naylor" wrote in message
Hi,

I am about to change to using a Home Hub 5 from a Belkin router, on
the Belkin I was able to access the settings for the router via a
web page is this possible on the home hub and if so what is the
address, the main reason for this is to change the wireless password
to something I can remember while I change the access on my wireless
PCs in another room.

Thanks

As with all BT routers, 192.168.1.254. There is a pull-out piece of
plastic on the top rear edge of the router with the login/password and
wireless key on it.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old February 15th 15, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J[_2_]

Graham Naylor wrote:
Hi,

I am about to change to using a Home Hub 5 from a Belkin router, on the
Belkin I was able to access the settings for the router via a web page
is this possible on the home hub and if so what is the address, the main
reason for this is to change the wireless password to something I can
remember while I change the access on my wireless PCs in another room.

You can always find this out, irrespective of the make and model of
router. For simplicity, connect your computer to the router using an
Ethernet cable.

Open a command window.

Type
ipconfig /all
then the "return" or "enter" key.

Review the output. There will be a section describing the Ethernet
interface. It will show the IP address of the "Default Gateway". This
is the IP address of your router.

You will then have to find out the login name and password. These are
usually printed on a plastic tab on the HH. On other routers you might
have to refer to the manufacturer's documentation.

--
Graham J

Old February 15th 15, 09:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Recliner[_3_]

"Graham Naylor" wrote:
Hi,

I am about to change to using a Home Hub 5 from a Belkin router, on the
Belkin I was able to access the settings for the router via a web page is
this possible on the home hub and if so what is the address, the main
reason for this is to change the wireless password to something I can
remember while I change the access on my wireless PCs in another room.

I changed my HH5 name and password to be the same as my old HH2, so I
didn't have to change the stored passwords in any of the wireless devices.
Old February 16th 15, 07:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"Graham J" wrote in message
Graham Naylor wrote:
[...]

You could also try www.routerpasswords.com which has aa amazing amount
of info. In fact when you see so much info is easily available it
makes it obvious that if you don't want to be hacked you should change
the SSID so that it does not reveal (as many do) the make of router
you are using.