Sky SMTP

Old February 21st 15, 12:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

Default Sky SMTP

In April last year I was moved from Be to Sky Broadband after the
latter acquired the former.

Yes, I know.

smtp.tools.sky.com wont relay messages with a From: header that dosn't
match your Sky email account, unless you enter all those you may wish
to use into the Yahoo web portal, and respond to a confirmation email
for each one.

However, to my suprise smtp1.bethere.co.uk continued to work without
any From: header restriction, until yesterday, some time after 1810.

smtp1.bethere.co.uk still works but only when the From: header is the
Sky email adress associated with your account. Totally usless for me.

So I have changed it to smtp.tools.sky.com and entred some of the
varients I use of my 16 year old Freeserve accounts, but it's all a
bit of a palaver.

I know. Yes I know!

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old February 21st 15, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bert

In message , Graham.
writes
In April last year I was moved from Be to Sky Broadband after the
latter acquired the former.

Yes, I know.

smtp.tools.sky.com wont relay messages with a From: header that dosn't
match your Sky email account, unless you enter all those you may wish
to use into the Yahoo web portal, and respond to a confirmation email
for each one.

Same with BT and you are limited to 10
--
bert