How to change admin password on TP-Link router?

Old February 22nd 15, 01:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Default How to change admin password on TP-Link router?

I've just replaced by old Plusnet router with a TP-Link Archer D5, but
can't see anywhere how to change the admin password. I've searched the
manual with no success.

Can anyone enlighten me, please?
Old February 22nd 15, 02:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"chris" wrote in message
I've just replaced by old Plusnet router with a TP-Link Archer D5,
but can't see anywhere how to change the admin password. I've
searched the manual with no success.

Can anyone enlighten me, please?

Manage Control/Account Management?

Google is your friend remember......................

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old February 22nd 15, 05:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

On 22/02/2015 14:46, Woody wrote:
"chris" wrote in message
I've just replaced by old Plusnet router with a TP-Link Archer D5,
but can't see anywhere how to change the admin password. I've
searched the manual with no success.

Can anyone enlighten me, please?

Manage Control/Account Management?

Google is your friend remember......................

And TP Link's support pages and even bigger one

P105 'real' (P116 pdf) in this document:-

http://www.tp-link.com/resources/doc...r_D5_V1_UG.pdf

--
Mark
Old February 23rd 15, 09:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woody

"chris" wrote in message
I've just replaced by old Plusnet router with a TP-Link Archer
D5,
but can't see anywhere how to change the admin password. I've
searched the manual with no success.

Can anyone enlighten me, please?

Manage Control/Account Management?

Google is your friend remember......................

And TP Link's support pages and even bigger one

P105 'real' (P116 pdf) in this document:-

http://www.tp-link.com/resources/doc...r_D5_V1_UG.pdf

Yup. That's the manual I'm looking at. As you can see that page
refers to new users, not existing ones.

Is there any harm in trying it? After all there is always the reset
button.

Old February 23rd 15, 09:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

"chris" wrote in message
I've just replaced by old Plusnet router with a TP-Link Archer
D5,
but can't see anywhere how to change the admin password. I've
searched the manual with no success.

Can anyone enlighten me, please?

Manage Control/Account Management?

Google is your friend remember......................

And TP Link's support pages and even bigger one

P105 'real' (P116 pdf) in this document:-

http://www.tp-link.com/resources/doc...r_D5_V1_UG.pdf

Yup. That's the manual I'm looking at. As you can see that page
refers to new users, not existing ones.

Is there any harm in trying it? After all there is always the reset
button.

I guess not. I asked here in case there was something obvious I'd
missed. Seems there isn't...

Old February 23rd 15, 12:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

"Woody" Wrote in message:

"chris" wrote in message
I've just replaced by old Plusnet router with a TP-Link Archer D5,
but can't see anywhere how to change the admin password. I've
searched the manual with no success.

Can anyone enlighten me, please?

Manage Control/Account Management?

Google is your friend remember......................

I have googled it and saw that option in the manual.

All it seems able to do is create new users. There's no
change/edit setting for the admin use AFAICS.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/