Homehub5 problem solved

Old February 22nd 15, 07:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tigger

Default Homehub5 problem solved

For months I had been getting random wifi drop outs on Linux, yet Windows
8.1 was reliable. It was an easy fix, but not the first thing I thought
of!

It's a HomeHub5 on Infinity 2, a homehub5 that replaced the broken
homehub5 that replaced the original modem and broken homehub3...

The Ubuntu/Mint network managers would always easily connect (and
reconnect) to the homehub wifi, yet it continually dropped out after 20
or 30 mins or so - not that it notified me, the icons and managers both
indicated it to be still connected, but there was no DNS response and no
email or Usenet.

I had done everything possible to fix the problem, and today I finally
bit the bullet and reset the hub (lots of pain in that, several fixed IP
items on network and a lot of hub port rules).

Hey presto, all is fine again!

I wonder why?
Old February 24th 15, 02:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian Gregory

On 22/02/2015 19:23, tigger wrote:

[...]

Maybe BT remotely updated something on the hub and in combination with
your unusually large number of customized settings something broke.

--

Brian Gregory (in the UK).