FTTC near exchange

Old April 5th 15, 11:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vir Campestris

Default FTTC near exchange

I've seen this discussed a few times - why can't you have FTTC when
you're really near the exchange?

It may be of interest that our local exchange is 20 yards down a track
off the road. And an FTTC cabinet has just appeared on the verge - so
they obviously can't get the kit in the exchange itself.

Andy
Old April 5th 15, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager[_2_]

On Sun, 05 Apr 2015 11:58:24 +0100, Vir Campestris wrote:

I've seen this discussed a few times - why can't you have FTTC when
you're really near the exchange?

It may be of interest that our local exchange is 20 yards down a track
off the road. And an FTTC cabinet has just appeared on the verge - so
they obviously can't get the kit in the exchange itself.

Read the 'Fibre v ADSL' thread. I believe this was discussed. There are
technical reasons.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Old April 5th 15, 05:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
news
I've seen this discussed a few times - why can't you have FTTC when you're
really near the exchange?

It may be of interest that our local exchange is 20 yards down a track off
the road. And an FTTC cabinet has just appeared on the verge - so they
obviously can't get the kit in the exchange itself.

Andy

Be patient and wait as there are, at this moment in time, numerous PCPs
being put just outside the exchange to facilitate the provision of FTTC to
direct fed users. The external PCP will hold the FTTC DSLAM so moving it
outside the exchange.

As to time scale, that I wouldn't like to even guess

Old April 5th 15, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

On 05/04/2015 17:20, Kraftee wrote:

Be patient and wait as there are, at this moment in time, numerous PCPs
being put just outside the exchange to facilitate the provision of FTTC
to direct fed users. The external PCP will hold the FTTC DSLAM so
moving it outside the exchange.

Like this you mean ?

/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sgSsvqzIRDfbMZHUnIhuzXQ!2e0

--
Mark
Old April 5th 15, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
On 05/04/2015 17:20, Kraftee wrote:

Be patient and wait as there are, at this moment in time, numerous PCPs
being put just outside the exchange to facilitate the provision of FTTC
to direct fed users. The external PCP will hold the FTTC DSLAM so
moving it outside the exchange.

Like this you mean ?

/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sgSsvqzIRDfbMZHUnIhuzXQ!2e0

--
Mark

That's one part of the solution.

The view isn't clear but I think you'll find the other is on the other side
of the gate.