Odd Caller ID (John Lewis)

Old May 14th 15, 12:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Default Odd Caller ID (John Lewis)

John Lewis Caller ID is coming up as 0524003 on my gigaset.
Thought they might be using Voipfone but my own account numbers are 8
digits not 7 as above.

I've seen other oddities coming up when voipfone callers call our
voipfone inbound number e.g. "Managers office" was one CID displayed but
this is the first time I've seen it for a long time.

If I try and call it back I get the voipfone lady telling me the call
can not be connected.

Any thoughts?
Old May 16th 15, 11:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Thursday, 14 May 2015 12:07:43 UTC+1, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
John Lewis Caller ID is coming up as 0524003 on my gigaset.
Thought they might be using Voipfone but my own account numbers are 8
digits not 7 as above.

I've seen other oddities coming up when voipfone callers call our
voipfone inbound number e.g. "Managers office" was one CID displayed but
this is the first time I've seen it for a long time.

If I try and call it back I get the voipfone lady telling me the call
can not be connected.

Any thoughts?

Short account numbers - maybe they were early customers?

Calls routed through Voipfone will have the name associated with the account (if configured) displayed with the number.

You can call your own extensions and other Voipfone accounts on Voipfone, but if you have set a prefix for local numbers (e.g. 0161) then calls to internal Voipfone numbers will not work.

A few years ago Voipfone had an unannounced feature whereby calls to numbers where Voipfone had the CLI configured were routed to the IP phone and not into the network. Acceptable for single lines, but caused confusion for switchboard numbers and where mobile numbers had been added to the CLI list for an account. This no longer happens most of the time.