Is Google down ?

Old September 10th 15, 08:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default Is Google down ?

Are Google and some other sites down?
Not all internet is down for me.
Regards
David
Old September 10th 15, 08:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

PS
I'm with Plusnet if that helps answers.
David

Old September 10th 15, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
michael adams

"David" wrote in message ...
PS
I'm with Plusnet if that helps answers.
David

A timely post.

I'm with Plusnetr and am experiencing exactly the same problem.
Some interenal links in some sites I already had loaded still
work but most do not.

Which, as seems to be confirmed on the "plusnet.services.customer.
feedback" NG seemks to be a p[roblem with the Pliusner D.N.S server

Which might be worked around if someone helpfuly posted some numerical
adresses for Google BBC etc which could be used in the meantime ?

michael adams

Old September 10th 15, 10:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

"David" wrote in message ...
Are Google and some other sites down?
Not all internet is down for me.
Regards
David

Plusnet have tweeted that there is 'a service outage' and are
'investigating'.
https://twitter.com/plusnethelp

We have no internet at home either and their status page is not responding.
Old September 10th 15, 11:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager[_2_]

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 08:12:41 +0100, michael adams wrote:

"David" wrote in message
PS I'm with Plusnet if that helps answers.
David

A timely post.

I'm with Plusnetr and am experiencing exactly the same problem.
Some interenal links in some sites I already had loaded still work but
most do not.

Which, as seems to be confirmed on the "plusnet.services.customer.
feedback" NG seemks to be a p[roblem with the Pliusner D.N.S server

Which might be worked around if someone helpfuly posted some numerical
adresses for Google BBC etc which could be used in the meantime ?

Switch to teh Google DNS servers? 4.4.4.4 and 8.8.8.8 IIRC.
Old September 10th 15, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

"David" wrote in message ...
Are Google and some other sites down?
Not all internet is down for me.
Regards
David

Plusnet have tweeted that there is 'a service outage' and are
'investigating'.
https://twitter.com/plusnethelp

We have no internet at home either and their status page is not responding.

It's fixed now - at least internet connectivity is working for us.

The plusnet homepage is still down, though.
Old September 10th 15, 11:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_2_]

Bob Eager wrote:

Switch to teh Google DNS servers? 4.4.4.4 and 8.8.8.8 IIRC.

8.8.8.8 is correct, but 4.4.4.4 is misremembering of google's 8.8.4.4
and level3's 4.2.2.2

Old September 10th 15, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager[_2_]

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 10:50:09 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

Switch to teh Google DNS servers? 4.4.4.4 and 8.8.8.8 IIRC.

8.8.8.8 is correct, but 4.4.4.4 is misremembering of google's 8.8.4.4
and level3's 4.2.2.2

Oops. I wasn't near enough to a place where I could check it.

I should have realised that it was unlikely that Google had two
different /16s! (although some organisations have, for historical
reasons).
Old September 10th 15, 12:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_2_]

Bob Eager wrote:

I should have realised that it was unlikely that Google had two
different /16s! (although some organisations have, for historical
reasons).

It seems Google have "subbed" 8.8.8.0/24 and 8.8.4.0/24 from level3 who
own 8.0.0.0/8