Need modem purchase advice

Old February 28th 16, 02:04 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Mike Halmarack[_2_]

Default Need modem purchase advice

I've always used modem/router combinations, usually the ones supplied
by ISPs. Now, I'm needing to have the modem in one room and the router
in another.

My ISP is "Utlilty Warehouse" which shows up as being TalkTalk in
online speed tests.

I've been looking at routers for a while and quite like the Asus
RT-N66U which is a router only.

I've read that it's quite usual to use the original ISP supplied
modem/router in "Bridge Mode" as the modem but the Technicolor TG582n
supplied is not the easiest to configure and I'd rather use a simpler
alternative if possible.

Can anyone please recommend a modem I can buy which will work with the
Asus RT-N66U router in conjunction with the TalkTalk ISP service?
--

Mike Halmarack

---