Cameras on network - help needed.

Old July 22nd 16, 02:15 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default Cameras on network - help needed.

I have a Xenta CA610 and a Yi home camera. I used to be able to use the Xenta with ContaCam on an i5 Win10 desktop, but it stopped working. I now cannot find either camera on the network, neither appear on the router list.. I have tried numerous programs, ipCamera viewer, BlueIris etc and various network scanning programs, a Git application to run the Yi, nothing works. I also tried using an i7 Win10 laptop, all to no avail. Is there any diagnostic software or programs that help set up cameras? Help please!

Old July 22nd 16, 07:02 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 06:15:13 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:

I have a Xenta CA610 and a Yi home camera. I used to be able to
use the Xenta with ContaCam on an i5 Win10 desktop, but it stopped
working. I now cannot find either camera on the network, neither
appear on the router list. I have tried numerous programs, ipCamera
viewer, BlueIris etc and various network scanning programs, a Git
application to run the Yi, nothing works. I also tried using an i7
Win10 laptop, all to no avail. Is there any diagnostic software or
programs that help set up cameras? Help please!

Is your router dishing out DHCP addresses properly?

Old July 23rd 16, 01:51 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

wrote:

I have a Xenta CA610 and a Yi home camera. I used to be able to
use the Xenta with ContaCam on an i5 Win10 desktop, but it stopped
working. I now cannot find either camera on the network, neither
appear on the router list. I have tried numerous programs, ipCamera
viewer, BlueIris etc and various network scanning programs, a Git
application to run the Yi, nothing works. I also tried using an i7
Win10 laptop, all to no avail. Is there any diagnostic software or
programs that help set up cameras? Help please!

Is your router dishing out DHCP addresses properly?

As far as I can tell - everything else, PVR,TV,etc. is there.