How many fibres in FTTP/H ?

Old October 17th 16, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Default How many fibres in FTTP/H ?

Just wondered how many fibres were in a standard FTTP/H connection - two
I would guess TX and RX ?

Dave.
Old October 17th 16, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

Dave wrote:

Just wondered how many fibres were in a standard FTTP/H connection - two
I would guess TX and RX ?

I've never seen a "broadband class" FTTP/H connection, but on the
"business class" FTTP connections, for several years they've used a
single fibre, with a dual-wavelength SFP (i.e. transmit and receive on
separate wavelengths).

Old October 17th 16, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Furniss

Dave wrote:
Just wondered how many fibres were in a standard FTTP/H connection -
two I would guess TX and RX ?

AIUI up to (or is that down to) 1/32 for home use.

By which I mean GPON is passive 2.4 gigabit down, 1.2 up, shared,
different wavelength for tx and rx so one physical fibre.
Openreach, I think, split up to to 32 times.

Old October 20th 16, 04:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

On 17/10/2016 21:24, Andy Furniss wrote:
Dave wrote:
Just wondered how many fibres were in a standard FTTP/H connection -
two I would guess TX and RX ?

AIUI up to (or is that down to) 1/32 for home use.

By which I mean GPON is passive 2.4 gigabit down, 1.2 up, shared,
different wavelength for tx and rx so one physical fibre.
Openreach, I think, split up to to 32 times.

Thanks Andy, After your message, I had a look around and found this, which is interesting www.bcs.org/upload/pdf/sfisher-090311.pdf

Dave.
Old January 13th 17, 11:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare[_2_]

On 17/10/2016 18:30, Dave wrote:
Just wondered how many fibres were in a standard FTTP/H connection - two
I would guess TX and RX ?

Dave.

One. In the case of Gigaclear there maybe a second unused fibre in the
cable coming to the property.

--
Michael Chare