For dedicated fans of broadband speed checkers ...

Old December 29th 16, 05:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
Wibble

Default For dedicated fans of broadband speed checkers ...

"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
by SamKnows, includes a latency figure ...

Download 50.4Mbps
Upload 17.7Mbps
Latency 7ms

Old December 29th 16, 06:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_5_]

Vir Campestris wrote:

Don't you hate these people with their fast speeds?

I used to :-)

3.9 / 748 / 15.8 compared with sync speed of 4551/991.

This area went through the same
coming-soon/delay/delay/delay/everyone-except-your cabinet/coming-soon
cycle you're on ...

Old December 30th 16, 09:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
Alan White[_2_]

5.6/715/37.8

--
Alan White
Mozilla Firefox and Forte Agent.
Old December 30th 16, 09:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
7[_2_]

Adrian Caspersz wrote:

by SamKnows, includes a latency figure ...

http://www.broadbandperformance.co.uk/

As was promoted by BBC Watchdog during their usually flawed
investigations, but seems a clear tool nonetheless and is free of
adverts and other nonsense.

Download 66.8 Mbps
Upload 18.5 Mbps
Latency 6 ms

Those copper Strowger relays have gotten faster.
Shame it can't upload very fast through these copper straws.

This 14 128GB microsd card

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CRAVOG-Micr...DWW/ref=sr_1_9

will take 2 hours to send with Bhtee cowboy installed networks
but 3 minutes with 1Gbit symmetric fibre B4RN farmboy installed network.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-37974267

IoD calls for 10Gbit fibre networks to keep UK
competitive in the global race
so that 128GB files can be sent in under 20 seconds.

The UK pipes into foreign countries need to
be at least x100 to keep up.
Old January 10th 17, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 13:10:39 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

It doesn't need flash, which is a good start. The actual line rate
reported by my modem is 77.4 Mbps / 19.9 Mbps

Considering my ISP sets an IP profile at 96.mumble% of line rate, I
don't know whether the tester measures IP rate, or TCP rate, and I did
the test over WiFi rather than Ethernet, the result is not a million
miles off ...

Download 66.7 Mbps
Upload 18.6 Mbps
Latency 19.3 ms

Down 67.3
Up 18.7
Latency 9.9ms

Beat you!

--
:: Jim, Wessex

I survived Hitler and Thatcher both.
Old January 10th 17, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

Jim wrote:

Latency 9.9ms

Which ISP?

I notice quite a few people on FTTC with sub-10ms latency, not sure if
it varies by the ISP and different backhaul arrangements, or by the
line. mine has always been about double, mine has g.inp/phy-r in use
which AIUI acts like the old ADSL2 interleaving.

Old January 10th 17, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian Caspersz

On 10/01/17 19:18, Andy Burns wrote:
Jim wrote:

Latency 9.9ms

Which ISP?

I notice quite a few people on FTTC with sub-10ms latency, not sure if
it varies by the ISP and different backhaul arrangements, or by the
line. mine has always been about double, mine has g.inp/phy-r in use
which AIUI acts like the old ADSL2 interleaving.

FWIW I'm on Plusnet FTTC

Download
44.3 Mbps
Upload
13.4 Mbps
Latency
6.8 ms

Think that's the lowest latency figure in this thread. Wasted on me, I
don't play games.

--
Adrian C
Old January 11th 17, 08:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

Adrian Caspersz wrote:

6.8 ms

Think that's the lowest latency figure in this thread. Wasted on me, I
don't play games.

Me neither, but low latency is nice for remote desktop and audio
conferencing.

Old January 12th 17, 08:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim+[_2_]

Jim wrote:

Latency 9.9ms

Which ISP?

I notice quite a few people on FTTC with sub-10ms latency, not sure if
it varies by the ISP and different backhaul arrangements, or by the
line. mine has always been about double, mine has g.inp/phy-r in use
which AIUI acts like the old ADSL2 interleaving.

FWIW I'm on Plusnet FTTC

Download
44.3 Mbps
Upload
13.4 Mbps
Latency
6.8 ms

Think that's the lowest latency figure in this thread. Wasted on me, I
don't play games.

Testing my line this morning over wifi (on an iPad)
59.7 Mbps
Upload
17.3 Mbps
Latency
28.6 ms

ISP Plusnet.

Judging from other responses, my latency sucks. Why should this be?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Old January 12th 17, 09:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
UnsteadyKen[_4_]

In article , says...
Judging from other responses, my latency sucks. Why should this be?

WiFi gives crap latency figures compared to wired.