Echo on Sipgate

Old February 8th 17, 05:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woody

Default Echo on Sipgate

news
On 2017-01-14, Richmond wrote:
"Woody" writes:

"Richmond" wrote in message
"Woody" writes:

"Richmond" wrote in message
When using sipgate to make calls, people whom I call report
they
can
hear an echo of their own voice. I have tried using headphones
but
it
makes no difference. What is causing the echo? How can I stop
it?
am
using Twinkle, a linux client.

Two things to try:

Try using stun on and off - stun.sipgate.net:10000

Try using an outbound proxy if you client will take it -
proxy.live.sipgate.co.uk - with and without stun.

I used to have echo problems and the outbound proxy was what
Sipgate
told me to try.

Thanks. When I looked in the settings it was already configured
use
stun, but the address was set to sipgate.co.uk, so I have
changed it
stun.sipgate.net:10000. I will have to wait until I make a phone
call to
test it.

Er, have you done that correctly?

The stun address is stun.sipgate.co.uk:10000

From Sipgate's website:

:If you have problems registering your Cisco SPA online, or with
:making calls, test with the STUN Server enabled under SIP -- NAT
:Support Parameters.

:STUN Server: stun.sipgate.net

You must be a newcomer on here.

We went through that maybe a couple of weeks ago (or getting that
way.)

Oh, and its stun.sipgate.net:10000 for the record.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old February 8th 17, 09:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Andy Burns[_5_]

Woody wrote:

MissRiaElaine wrote:

test with the STUN Server enabled

You must be a newcomer on here.

More of an oldie* that's been away for some time.
[*] though I assume younger than most on here ...

Old February 8th 17, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_3_]

On Wed, 8 Feb 2017 21:36:12 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

Woody wrote:

MissRiaElaine wrote:

test with the STUN Server enabled

You must be a newcomer on here.

More of an oldie* that's been away for some time.

[*] though I assume younger than most on here ...

Founder member of uk.telecom.voip, no less.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old February 10th 17, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
MissRiaElaine

wrote:

Woody wrote:

MissRiaElaine wrote:

test with the STUN Server enabled

You must be a newcomer on here.

More of an oldie* that's been away for some time.

[*] though I assume younger than most on here ...

Founder member of uk.telecom.voip, no less.

Ye gods, that takes me back..!

--
Ria in Aberdeen

Old March 10th 17, 02:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Richmond

A follow-up. I got around this problem by using PhonerLite on Windows
10. This suggests it is a software problem of some kind. I know the echo
wasn't coming from the speakers because I switched them off.

Ideally I would like a linux solution. I tried PhonerLite with wine but
it didn't work.