Recommendation for an ATA, please

Old February 8th 17, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Malcolm Loades[_2_]

Default Recommendation for an ATA, please

I'm probably spoiled by only ever having FritzBoxes which allow almost
anything! However, I need to set someone else up with an ATA and a
single analogue telephone.

The requirement is for the one telephone to receive incoming calls from
VOIP provider 'A' and to have a calling plan which routes outgoing calls
via VOIP provider 'A', a second VOIP provider 'B', or the PSTN dependant
on the number dialled.

What should I be looking at?

Malcolm
Old February 8th 17, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Wednesday, 8 February 2017 19:19:09 UTC, Malcolm Loades wrote:
I'm probably spoiled by only ever having FritzBoxes which allow almost
anything! However, I need to set someone else up with an ATA and a
single analogue telephone.

The requirement is for the one telephone to receive incoming calls from
VOIP provider 'A' and to have a calling plan which routes outgoing calls
via VOIP provider 'A', a second VOIP provider 'B', or the PSTN dependant
on the number dialled.

What should I be looking at?

Malcolm

Siemens Gigaset (note uses DECT cordless phone(s)).
Old February 8th 17, 09:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_3_]

On Wed, 8 Feb 2017 12:41:25 -0800 (PST), "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

On Wednesday, 8 February 2017 19:19:09 UTC, Malcolm Loades wrote:
I'm probably spoiled by only ever having FritzBoxes which allow almost
anything! However, I need to set someone else up with an ATA and a
single analogue telephone.

The requirement is for the one telephone to receive incoming calls from
VOIP provider 'A' and to have a calling plan which routes outgoing calls
via VOIP provider 'A', a second VOIP provider 'B', or the PSTN dependant
on the number dialled.

What should I be looking at?

Malcolm

Siemens Gigaset (note uses DECT cordless phone(s)).

The VoIP models have an IP suffix.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old February 8th 17, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

wrote:

On Wednesday, 8 February 2017 19:19:09 UTC, Malcolm Loades wrote:
I'm probably spoiled by only ever having FritzBoxes which allow almost
anything! However, I need to set someone else up with an ATA and a
single analogue telephone.

The requirement is for the one telephone to receive incoming calls from
VOIP provider 'A' and to have a calling plan which routes outgoing calls
via VOIP provider 'A', a second VOIP provider 'B', or the PSTN dependant
on the number dialled.

What should I be looking at?

Malcolm

Siemens Gigaset (note uses DECT cordless phone(s)).

The VoIP models have an IP suffix.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Indeed you will need one of these
http://www.nimans.net/telephony/dect...e-station.html
or similar.

Actually works with about any DECT phone.
Old February 8th 17, 11:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woody

wrote:

[...]

Or the cheaper source

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/produ...igaset-n300ip/

Amazon just a few quid more.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old February 8th 17, 11:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Ebay item 302206397272 34.00 inc VAT

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old February 9th 17, 10:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Malcolm Loades[_2_]

On 08/02/2017 19:19, Malcolm Loades wrote:
I'm probably spoiled by only ever having FritzBoxes which allow almost
anything! However, I need to set someone else up with an ATA and a
single analogue telephone.

The requirement is for the one telephone to receive incoming calls from
VOIP provider 'A' and to have a calling plan which routes outgoing calls
via VOIP provider 'A', a second VOIP provider 'B', or the PSTN dependant
on the number dialled.

What should I be looking at?

Thank you for the pointers.

I've just ordered an N300 with the answering machine facility (not
available from broadbandbuyer) plus a C430HX handset, both from Amazon.

I could possibly have found these a little cheaper elsewhere but
Amazon's returns service is so unquestioning and easy, if needed, that
imho it's worth paying a pound or two for.

Malcolm

Old February 9th 17, 12:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

On 09/02/2017 09:37, Malcolm Loades wrote:
On 08/02/2017 19:19, Malcolm Loades wrote:
I'm probably spoiled by only ever having FritzBoxes which allow almost
anything! However, I need to set someone else up with an ATA and a
single analogue telephone.

The requirement is for the one telephone to receive incoming calls from
VOIP provider 'A' and to have a calling plan which routes outgoing calls
via VOIP provider 'A', a second VOIP provider 'B', or the PSTN dependant
on the number dialled.

What should I be looking at?

Thank you for the pointers.

I've just ordered an N300 with the answering machine facility (not
available from broadbandbuyer) plus a C430HX handset, both from Amazon.

I could possibly have found these a little cheaper elsewhere but
Amazon's returns service is so unquestioning and easy, if needed, that
imho it's worth paying a pound or two for.

I've got one, reliable. I very rarely think about it. I just logged in
but couldn't see an answer phone. Perhaps I have a different model.

FWIW. Sipgate offer call redirection and an answer phone that sends an
email alerting you to messages. I can't see much point for an answer
machine on the ata.

Old February 9th 17, 01:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Nimans are a lot cheaper "wholesale", but I have to log in...