UKDDI - dying

Old March 17th 17, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Soruk

Default UKDDI - dying

Yes, I know, the service has been effectively shut down, but those
with numbers forwarded to a SIP address were able to still use them.

Lately I've noticed that the numbers I've had with them have become
unreliable. They had instructed us to accept calls from 87.117.74.1
and 87.117.75.1. Some time recently, the second of these paths has
gone offline, so if their load balancing mechanism is trying to send
a call via this second path, the call will fail. A call that comes
in via the 87.117.74.1 server connects as it always had.

I don't know if 3C are using these servers for any of their other
services, but with one server out, it seems more calls now fail than
connect.

No, I'm not daft enough to be using these numbers any more for anything
serious, mainly inbound paths for tinkering with. But it was certainly
useful!

Matrix Dial: International Calls - http://www.matrixdial.co.uk/
Old March 18th 17, 01:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_3_]

On Fri, 17 Mar 2017 23:50:43 +0000, Soruk
wrote:

[...]

Thanks for that Michael. Unfortunately my primary block of ten were
lost because they were terminated as registered trunks on my Asterisk
box, but I had a few others forwarded to various URIs for other people
and I clawed these back for myself.
I just made half a dozen or so test calls to one of them and they all
went through OK, but I will keep your warning in mind.

The one I am a little concerned about is one that I set up for my
son-in-law, it is pointed at a discountvoip account, which forwards
all calls to his mobile. I did warn him it wouldn't last forever, but
he seems to think I can magic these problems away.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old April 7th 17, 02:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Soruk

wrote:

[...]

The gateways have been moved to new IPs - 87.117.64.2 and 87.117.65.2.
By allowing my VoIP server's firewall to allow these new sources my numbers
are working reasonably reliably again. Hopefully this is useful information
for anyone still running UKDDI numbers and whose VoIP is behind a firewall.

Matrix Dial: International Calls - http://www.matrixdial.co.uk/