Softphones for Betamax

Old June 14th 17, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
voipuser[_2_]

Default Softphones for Betamax

I can't stand any more complaints about audio quality from people when
I speak to them on Betamax voipcheap.co.uk using the Betamax
voipconnect softphone

Audio quality is perfect both ways with Skype.

Please recommend a generic windows softphone to work with
voipcheap.co.uk. Ideally one that can extract my caller names and
numbers from the cloud at Betamax.

Thanks.

Fred
Old June 15th 17, 02:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_3_]

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 16:52:51 +0100, voipuser
wrote:

I can't stand any more complaints about audio quality from people when
I speak to them on Betamax voipcheap.co.uk using the Betamax
voipconnect softphone

Audio quality is perfect both ways with Skype.

Please recommend a generic windows softphone to work with
voipcheap.co.uk. Ideally one that can extract my caller names and
numbers from the cloud at Betamax.

Thanks.

Fred

A popular generic Windows client is called x-lite
http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite/?g...FUqdGwodP3MAVw

What are these complaints about exactly?
Are they experiensing echo of their own voice?
How are you implimenting the softphone,
Headset?
Loudspeaker & microphone?

The best way to experience VoIP is with an actual phone.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old June 16th 17, 09:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
voipuser[_2_]

wrote:

I can't stand any more complaints about audio quality from people when
I speak to them on Betamax voipcheap.co.uk using the Betamax
voipconnect softphone

Audio quality is perfect both ways with Skype.

Please recommend a generic windows softphone to work with
voipcheap.co.uk. Ideally one that can extract my caller names and
numbers from the cloud at Betamax.

Thanks.

Fred

A popular generic Windows client is called x-lite
http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite/?g...FUqdGwodP3MAVw

What are these complaints about exactly?
Are they experiensing echo of their own voice?
How are you implimenting the softphone,
Headset?
Loudspeaker & microphone?

The best way to experience VoIP is with an actual phone.

I'm just using a microphone and the loadspeaker (set low).
They complain of echos of themselves, (but never on Skype, even if
loudis)h.
I do have a SIP adaptor somewhere I might try.
Betamax must know echo is an issue as many live updates ago, mic
sensitivity was reduced, and you now have to "close talk it".
Tnx
Old June 16th 17, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Higton

In message
voipuser wrote:

I'm just using a microphone and the loadspeaker (set low).
They complain of echos of themselves

There's your problem.

It would require a clever echo canceller to cancel the bit of their
audio that you're sending back to them.

Use a headset.

Dave