Orange email still working

Old June 17th 17, 07:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.[_3_]

Default Orange email still working

My Freeserve accounts stopped receiving email sometime in the
afternoon of the 1st June, but started again a week later on the 8th
June and seems to have been working ever since.

I imagine it's only a temporary reprieve though.

Maybe they had too many people complaining, and threats of bad
publicity, but that's only my guess.

It's useful that my auto responder message with my current email
address will continue a little longer, after nearly 20 years I am
bound to have forgotten someone.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old June 17th 17, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Allan

On 17/06/2017 18:15, Graham. wrote:

My Freeserve accounts stopped receiving email sometime in the
afternoon of the 1st June, but started again a week later on the 8th
June and seems to have been working ever since.

I imagine it's only a temporary reprieve though.

Maybe they had too many people complaining, and threats of bad
publicity, but that's only my guess.

It's useful that my auto responder message with my current email
address will continue a little longer, after nearly 20 years I am
bound to have forgotten someone.

Yes, I noticed (this morning, purely by accident) that my
freeserve.co.uk inbox was available again. Only a couple of items in
there, and nothing important. Clearly they aren't bouncing stuff
automatically, so it'll just fill their servers up until they feel like
killing it all off/deleting it.
Old June 18th 17, 11:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Mountifield

In article ,
Graham. wrote:

My Freeserve accounts stopped receiving email sometime in the
afternoon of the 1st June, but started again a week later on the 8th
June and seems to have been working ever since.

I imagine it's only a temporary reprieve though.

Maybe they had too many people complaining, and threats of bad
publicity, but that's only my guess.

It's useful that my auto responder message with my current email
address will continue a little longer, after nearly 20 years I am
bound to have forgotten someone.

I received the following on my orange.net mailbox (which I don't use
for anything now) on 13 June:

---
Subject: One last chance to save important emails

Hello from Orange
As you know, Orange Email closed on 31st May 2017. You're receiving this
email because access to Orange Email, via POP, has been temporarily
restored up until 28th June. This is to give customers a further
opportunity to transfer any emails before the service is finally closed
at the end of June and all emails are deleted.

You won't be able to access your account using email.orange.co.uk during
this time but you may continue to see emails coming through on POP until
28th June.

Find out more about transferring your emails via POP here.

Or if you'd prefer to talk to someone, give us a call on 0800 079 0324
---

So yes, it looks like a temporary reprieve.

Cheers
Tony

--
Tony Mountifield