How easy is it to get one's cabinet changed (!)

Old June 21st 17, 11:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare[_2_]

Default How easy is it to get one's cabinet changed (!)

On 19/06/2017 21:57, Chris Green wrote:
I am currently connected to a new[ish] FTTC cabinet that is about a
mile away from me, it only came on-line in March this year and I think
I was probably one of the first people to get connected.

For some reason (we can't believe it's high demand, this is a *small*
village) OpenReach have installed another cabinet right at the end of
our little road (well, lane more like) which is much closer to our
house.

The broadband tools at mouselike.org are a bit confusing, if I use the
'Postcode to PCP' button it tells me I would be connected to PCP 2
which is the one I am connected to. However if I use the 'Phone to
PCP' button it says I should connect to PCP 11 which is the new one at
the end of the road.

What are the chances of either:-

Getting moved to the new cabinet when it comes on line (it's
probably not quite there yet) without any input from me?

or Being able to ask to be moved to the closer cabinet. How would I
do this (if it's even possible)?

What happens if you use
https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html and just enter your
address rather than phone number? Which cabinet does it show?

--
Michael Chare

---

Old June 22nd 17, 09:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Green

Michael Chare wrote:
[...]

It offers VDSL at 80Mb/s, even the impacted 'B' is a minimum of
63.5Mb/s. However it says it's served by cabinet 2 which is the one
we're connected to about a mile away and get 25Mb/s or so.

--
Chris Green

Old June 24th 17, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Chare[_2_]

On 22/06/2017 09:11, Chris Green wrote:
Michael Chare wrote:
[...]

Try the forums.thinkbroadband.com website. You could also try ordering
a broadband service on a new line and see what speed you get quoted.
Make sure that you can cancel the order FOC if the speed is below the
minimum quoted.

--
Michael Chare

---