Sky internet connection question

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 21st 17, 07:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J[_2_]

Default Sky internet connection question

A friend has a Sky TV system. There is a main receiver and several
slave boxes. I cannot at the moment tell you the model numbers or other
details.

All are connected to WiFi Access Points and hence via his router to the
internet. His house is fairly large and several access points are
required to get good coverage. He does have Cat5 Ethernet cable
installed at every location where the the Sky boxes are located, but
despite the Sky devices having RJ45 sockets there does not seem to be
any way to force the equipment to use the cabled connection. The Cat5
cable installation extends to the WiFi access points so the WiFi
performance is uniformly good throughout the house.

At about 10 pm most nights the TV shows a message about a connectivity
problem. I don't have the exact text of this message. However the
connection menu shows a good connection to the network and to the slave
boxes.

So I suspect that the Sky server on the internet is overloaded.

Does anybody here have any experience of this to confirm my diagnosis?

TIA

--
Graham J