Linksys SPA 3102

Old August 19th 17, 02:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

Default Linksys SPA 3102

On 19/08/2017 14:28, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 18/08/17 19:00, Dave wrote:

UPDATE:- Decided to look inside to what I could see - blown caps or whatever all seems ok, decided to measure the PSU under load on
the back of the power plug - AH-HA ! 4.40 Volts ish.. Had a hunt around be another PSU brick with the same plug, found one off of a
ASUS router running DD-WRT 5v-2A try that. IT'S ALIVE the SPA3102 lives another day ! I phoned Western Power to moan and they said
it's was a problem nearby...
Thanks all.
Dave.

My Linksys PAP2 failed the other day, found out it was the power supply not giving enough oomph. Powered it from a USB charger with
a lead from eBay and all is well. The things take the best part of 2A so a crappy PSU won't do...

I just busted open the Linksys PSU to find two capacitors bulging, I broke off a tiny transformer in the process so it went in the

bin (I did cut off the lead though - Graham). I guess it was the final straw the power going on and off taking it's toll.

Yes, the first rule of fault finding check voltages (and under load) !

Dave.

Old August 23rd 17, 12:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_3_]

On 18/08/17 19:00, Dave wrote:

[...]

Must be summet in the water, my spare PAP2 has packed up too.
It keeps loseing its Ethernet connection to my router and when it does
connect it's only at 10Mb/s
tried the obvious, new patch cable, cleaned the RJ45 socket, new PSU
electrolytic caps in the ATA seem OK. I even reflashed the firmware
but it's just the same.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old August 23rd 17, 10:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

On 18/08/17 19:00, Dave wrote:

[...]

Oh no, Firmware bomb/fuse ? ;-). Could be the magnetics next to the ethernet port.

Dave.