Linksys SPA 3102

Old August 18th 17, 02:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

Default Linksys SPA 3102

Hi, My Linksys SPA3102 has just died (Flashing red power LED) and wondered what the latest replacement would be ?? (FXS and FXO ports)

It fail due to a mains power fluctuation !

Dave.
Old August 18th 17, 02:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

On 18/08/2017 14:25, Dave wrote:
Hi, My Linksys SPA3102 has just died (Flashing red power LED) and wondered what the latest replacement would be ?? (FXS and FXO ports)

It fail due to a mains power fluctuation !

Dave.

Just did a quick 'Google' and found the Obihai 110 and these safe ? - China firmware hacking wise any alternatives ??
Old August 18th 17, 02:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Cezar

On 18/08/2017 14:30, Dave wrote:
On 18/08/2017 14:25, Dave wrote:
Hi, My Linksys SPA3102 has just died (Flashing red power LED) and wondered what the latest replacement would be ?? (FXS and FXO ports)

It fail due to a mains power fluctuation !

Dave.

Just did a quick 'Google' and found the Obihai 110 and these safe ? - China firmware hacking wise any alternatives ??

they are safe although 110 may not be available anymore. You can get 200
or 202 but FXO port is available only as additional USB adapter.
Obihai devices are made by the same group of people that did your old
SPA3102

c.

Old August 18th 17, 03:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

On 18/08/2017 14:51, cezar wrote:
On 18/08/2017 14:30, Dave wrote:
On 18/08/2017 14:25, Dave wrote:
Hi, My Linksys SPA3102 has just died (Flashing red power LED) and wondered what the latest replacement would be ?? (FXS and FXO
ports)

It fail due to a mains power fluctuation !

Dave.

Just did a quick 'Google' and found the Obihai 110 and these safe ? - China firmware hacking wise any alternatives ??

they are safe although 110 may not be available anymore. You can get 200 or 202 but FXO port is available only as additional USB
adapter.
Obihai devices are made by the same group of people that did your old SPA3102

c.

Thanks C. My SPA3102 has been working flawlessly for over 4 years. Not sure how USB work work in with FreePBX on a Raspberry PI
though. BTW the SPA3102 failed with a slow flash red LED indicating a firmware fail I believe. There doesn't appear to be any cheap
FXO/FXS to ethernet adapters :-(
Dave.
Old August 18th 17, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Cezar

On 18/08/2017 14:30, Dave wrote:
On 18/08/2017 14:25, Dave wrote:
[...]

FXO is dead IMHO - that's why obihai (And many others) decided to remove
it to reduce costs.
I would advise to port your number to any voip carrier so won't need the
FXO.

c.

Old August 18th 17, 04:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.[_3_]

On 18/08/2017 14:30, Dave wrote:
On 18/08/2017 14:25, Dave wrote:
[...]

You may be able to reflash it using TFTP

The old SPA3000 goes for under 20GBP on Ebay, works fine with RASPBX
just make sure that it's not one with early firmware that dosn't have
the "Off Hook While Calling VoIP" option (set to No)
in the PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup, otherwise you will want to reflash
that too.

Did you have a thunderstorm at the time of the "power surge"
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old August 18th 17, 07:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

On 18/08/2017 14:30, Dave wrote:
On 18/08/2017 14:25, Dave wrote:
[...]

Hi Folks, A run down on what happened. At 12:46 the power went on and off about 4 times in rapid succession and the DECT phone
beeped saying it's lost sync with the base - power gone. I went to look at the router to see the red power LED flashing slowly on
the SPA3102 Hmmm No dial tone nothing dead. I checked the voltage on the PSU 5.05 Volts all seems ok. I pulled the 3102's PSU out of
the surge stripe and plugged it back in no go - Google search says it's a failed flash - bugger. Another Google search for a
replacement and messaged here.

UPDATE:- Decided to look inside to what I could see - blown caps or whatever all seems ok, decided to measure the PSU under load on
the back of the power plug - AH-HA ! 4.40 Volts ish.. Had a hunt around be another PSU brick with the same plug, found one off of a
ASUS router running DD-WRT 5v-2A try that. IT'S ALIVE the SPA3102 lives another day ! I phoned Western Power to moan and they said
it's was a problem nearby...
Thanks all.
Dave.
Old August 18th 17, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Woody

news

On 18/08/2017 14:30, Dave wrote:
On 18/08/2017 14:25, Dave wrote:
[...]

Standard error when checking a PSU. ALWAYS check it on load!

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old August 18th 17, 10:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bob Eager[_3_]

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 19:00:49 +0100, Dave wrote:

UPDATE:- Decided to look inside to what I could see - blown caps or
whatever all seems ok, decided to measure the PSU under load on the back
of the power plug - AH-HA ! 4.40 Volts ish.. Had a hunt around be
another PSU brick with the same plug, found one off of a ASUS router
running DD-WRT 5v-2A try that. IT'S ALIVE the SPA3102 lives another day
! I phoned Western Power to moan and they said it's was a problem
nearby...

Which is why all that stuff is behind one UPS or another here...
Old August 19th 17, 02:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
MissRiaElaine

On 18/08/17 19:00, Dave wrote:

UPDATE:- Decided to look inside to what I could see - blown caps or whatever all seems ok, decided to measure the PSU under load on
the back of the power plug - AH-HA ! 4.40 Volts ish.. Had a hunt around be another PSU brick with the same plug, found one off of a
ASUS router running DD-WRT 5v-2A try that. IT'S ALIVE the SPA3102 lives another day ! I phoned Western Power to moan and they said
it's was a problem nearby...
Thanks all.
Dave.

My Linksys PAP2 failed the other day, found out it was the power supply
not giving enough oomph. Powered it from a USB charger with a lead from
eBay and all is well. The things take the best part of 2A so a crappy
PSU won't do...

--
Ria in Aberdeen