FTTC cabinet change - it's happened!

Old August 20th 17, 09:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

Default FTTC cabinet change - it's happened!

bert wrote:

Chris Green writes

What I really want is some more of that upload speed (we only get
2Mb/s at present).

How far are you from the cabinet - as the cable runs?

That's not especially relevant, the plusnet 40Mbps download service is
maximum 2Mb/s upload.
Old August 20th 17, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Green

bert wrote:
In article , Chris Green
writes
A little while ago I asked in here what were the chances of getting my
FTTC connection moved from a distant to a closer cabinet. The answers
in general were not encouraging.

Well, it seems it's happened all by itself. We had a total loss of
service a couple of days ago, I reported it to Plusnet and they said
it was due to a major system problem of some sort and that I'd get the
connection back in a few hours. It came back within a couple of hours
and now the speed is jammed up against the maximum 40Mb/s that we're
paying for.

The router reports the 'Max rate' as 86Mb/s doenload and 26Mb/s upload.

Which ISPs (if any) will give me more of that available speed at not
too ridiculous prices? PlusNet charge 5/month more for their
"Unlimited Fibre Extra" which I suppose isn't too bad. What I really
want is some more of that upload speed (we only get 2Mb/s at present).

How far are you from the cabinet - as the cable runs?

Something like 400 metres.

--
Chris Green

Old August 21st 17, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bert

In article , Chris Green
writes
bert wrote:
[...]

Thanks. I am about the same but only get about 28 - 32 mbps. (Plusnet)
--
bert
Old August 22nd 17, 10:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Green

bert wrote:
In article , Chris Green
writes
bert wrote:
[...]

A more careful check puts us at about 330 metres from the cabinet.

--
Chris Green