Bad PR for Virgin

Old September 7th 17, 09:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB[_2_]

Default Bad PR for Virgin

In the Daily Record

"'It blocks out all the light' OAPs fight to remove eyesore broadband
boxes from outside their homes"

"“We were never advised they were going to be put here but, apparently,
that's because they don't need planning permission to put them up."

Surprised that they can just stick the things wherever they want with no
consideration to people in adjacent houses especially when as in this
case they are unlikely to be Virgin users.
Old September 7th 17, 12:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Thu, 7 Sep 2017 08:33:34 +0100, MB wrote:

In the Daily Record

"'It blocks out all the light' OAPs fight to remove eyesore broadband
boxes from outside their homes"

"We were never advised they were going to be put here but, apparently,
thats because they dont need planning permission to put them up."

Surprised that they can just stick the things wherever they want with no
consideration to people in adjacent houses especially when as in this
case they are unlikely to be Virgin users.

Thanks for that. Are they part of "Project Lightning" as they are
unlike any VM boxes in our area which are much smaller.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...dband-11124203
--
Pete

Old September 7th 17, 01:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

On Thu, 07 Sep 2017 11:28:46 +0100, wrote:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...dband-11124203

That is truly monstrous, seemingly even wider than the old police
boxes and telephone kiosks. I've never seen before a cabinet that was
significantly taller than fence/hedge height - I'm astonished, and
almost can't believe, that apparently it complies with planning
regulations.
Old September 7th 17, 01:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager[_3_]

On Thu, 07 Sep 2017 12:21:42 +0100, Java Jive wrote:

On Thu, 07 Sep 2017 11:28:46 +0100, wrote:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...-fight-remove-

eyesore-broadband-11124203

That is truly monstrous, seemingly even wider than the old police boxes
and telephone kiosks. I've never seen before a cabinet that was
significantly taller than fence/hedge height - I'm astonished, and
almost can't believe, that apparently it complies with planning
regulations.

I actually thought they were whingeing too much until I saw the
photographs. That's appalling.
Old September 7th 17, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

wrote:

Are they part of "Project Lightning"

No, the project lightning boxes are tiny, probably 24" high, 18" wide
and 8" deep