is there anyone there

Old October 2nd 17, 11:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade[_3_]

Default is there anyone there

On 01/10/2017 21:28, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 27/09/2017 08:22, Graham J wrote:
Is there a broadband service in Spain or Portugal?* How does it
compare with here in the UK?

Spain has the State Telco with ADSL plus various other offerings using
WiFi, 4G FTTC and Fibre to the premises. ADSL is expensive, especially
if you don't need a phone line. Other services can be cheaper.

Available service seems very much a "post code" lottery except Spanish
post codes cover a whole town. So if you are in an old Pueblo or worse
deep in the countryside (Campo) you may have few options and only slow
speeds available.

Damfino. I was looking at the scenery, eating the food, and drinking the
wine. Sometimes I was driving. SWMBO does the comms (speaks Spanish, and
enough others to get by in Portugal). Only time I used the 'net was on
our super-cheap, super-slow laptop. It was adequate, but that tells me
nothing of the costs.

Andy

Dave

Old October 2nd 17, 11:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB[_2_]

On 02/10/2017 11:25, David Wade wrote:
Spain has the State Telco with ADSL plus various other offerings using
WiFi, 4G FTTC and Fibre to the premises. ADSL is expensive, especially
if you don't need a phone line. Other services can be cheaper.

Available service seems very much a "post code" lottery except Spanish
post codes cover a whole town. So if you are in an old Pueblo or worse
deep in the countryside (Campo) you may have few options and only slow
speeds available.

Probably usual syndrome where journalist visits the country, stays in a
five star hotel of course and returns to write an article that everyone
in the country has very fast broadband.

Old October 2nd 17, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

David Wade wrote:

Spain has the State Telco with ADSL plus various other offerings using
WiFi, 4G FTTC and Fibre to the premises.

WiMAX was popular there a few years ago